Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitched battle in Tallaght

Options
  • 11-06-2013 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭

Looks like some members of society have reacted violently to our recent spell of fine weather.

A PITCHED battle involving around 60 men spilled over into a hospital's A&E unit after breaking out in a housing estate.
    Knives, bats and clubs were produced during the mass brawl on Thursday evening.

Terrified residents in Tallaght's Maplewood estate had to barricade themselves in their homes as the opposing factions scrapped.
    There were multiple injuries and at least one car was smashed.
    A senior source told the Herald: "This was a very serious situation – it is a miracle that no one was seriously injured."

It is understood that the two gangs were made up of foreign nationals and local Travellers.

A number of Garda patrol cars, including armed units, responded to the brawl and three young men were arrested at the scene – one youth from a nearby housing estate and two foreign men with addresses in the Alderwood Grove estate.
    However, the situation escalated again in Tallaght Hospital, where some of those involved in the brawl were being treated for their injuries.
    Fighting between the factions kicked off again at the hospital in front of shocked patients.

http://www.herald.ie/news/hospital-terror-as-gang-thugs-battle-in-front-of-patients-29330173.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

In before "STERILIZE ALL SCUMBAGS" and other such nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

i like your viewpoint op. Subscribe me to your newsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭diamondp

the sun brings out the drink and the drink can bring out the worst in some ppl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

does anybody know who were the factions involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

space_man wrote: »
    It is understood that the two gangs were made up of foreign nationals and local Travellers.
    AH heaven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Is it awful that I'm saddened by the lack of fatalities? As far as I'm concerned the more scumbags killed in these type of incidents (of any nationality or group) the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

diamondp wrote: »
    the sun brings out the drink and the drink can bring out the worst in some ppl

They have plenty of drink in Netherlands and Belgium and this is a very rare sight

- hmmm must be another factor involved..

oh yeah, copious amounts of scumbags

Jonny7 wrote: »
    They have plenty of drink in Netherlands and Belgium and this is a very rare sight

- hmmm must be another factor involved..

oh yeah, copious amounts of scumbags

yes Spain has buckets of drink and bags of sunshine.
    i dont see this type of behaviour there.
    what's wrong with them?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭asdfg!

Travellers and foreign nationals. That's interesting. Not hard to work out what happened there. As usual in these politically correct times. It's what the paper doesn't say that matters.

In my experience foreign nationals are generally hard working people who don't look for trouble. But don't like to be messed with either.

Travellers......well. They often own horses and live in caravans and they like a drink.

asdfg! wrote: »
    Travellers and foreign nationals. That's interesting. Not hard to work out what happened there. As usual in these politically correct times. It's what the paper doesn't say that matters.

In my experience foreign nationals are generally hard working people who don't look for trouble. But don't like to be messed with either.

Travellers......well. They often own horses and live in caravans and they like a drink.

i think it's a bit prejudiced to simply blame the travellers.
    i know many traveller families who are an asset to their local community.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

hahahahahahahahaha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

it was just the tallaforia heads roid raging again

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It'd be interesting to hear what they were fighting over.

biko wrote: »

some type of turf war maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

does anybody know who were the factions involved?

From initial reports, I understand that 2/3, 4/7 and 3/5, were the ringleaders.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Probably fair to also point out that many people would know of many more traveller who are not an asset to their local community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

the world is becoming a more violent place, and every day, stories like these are becoming less shocking, and more the norm.

what's it going to be like in 10 years???? 20??

the last week has shown this country up for what it is - an absolute hovel full of angry and violent thugs who dont give a sh!t about anything but violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

A Bag of Turf more Likely

21/25

Yawns wrote: »
    Probably fair to also point out that many people would know of many more traveller who are not an asset to their local community.

you are simply displaying your prejudice.:o
    what of the other faction? they were all local-choir-boys i suppose?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Terry1985

That's a honeypot ban trap if ever I saw one, I'm not taking the bait on that one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

From initial reports, I understand that 2/3, 4/7 and 3/5, were the ringleaders.

He said factions, not fractions. Try to keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

It's okay though because it happenned in Tallaght, not Portmarnock or Malahide.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

biko wrote: »

"This is our side of the green, if that ball comes on this side again we'll knock the head of ye"

the world is becoming a more violent place, and every day, stories like these are becoming less shocking, and more the norm.

what's it going to be like in 10 years???? 20??

the last week has shown this country up for what it is - an absolute hovel full of angry and violent thugs who dont give a sh!t about anything but violence.

100s of 1000s of people enjoyed the sunshine and did NOT create mayhem btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭asdfg!

i think it's a bit prejudiced to simply blame the travellers.
    Who is blaming the travellers? We all know they lead blameless lives of hard work and honesty and they really love a wedding bash.

I'm sure there are many travellers who are an asset to their local community. I just haven't met one yet. But they're out there. On the other hand I know quite a few foreign nationals who are an asset to their community.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

In my line of work i have seen a lot of collusion between the travellers and rougher eastern europeans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

I had a very pleasant week, lots of sunshine and lots happy people walking around enjoying it.
    Didn't come accross any violent thugs and I doubt if many of the contributers to these spittle-flecked rage-filled threads on AH did either.

asdfg! wrote: »
    Who is blaming the travellers? We all know they lead blameless lives of hard work and honesty and they really love a wedding bash.

I'm sure there are many travellers who are an asset to their local community. I just haven't met one yet. But they're out there. On the other hand I know quite a few foreign nationals who are an asset to their community.

you probably know nothing of their culture.
    if you did .....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Links please.

Proof please.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

you are simply displaying your prejudice.:o
    what of the other faction? they were all local-choir-boys i suppose?:rolleyes:

Did I comment on the travellers involved in the battle? I was simply replying to your comment that you know many travellers who are an asset to their community. I know of many many more travellers and I am sure other people do, who are not an asset to their community.

So when I mentioned I knew more travellers who are not an asset to their community than those who are an asset, you automatically assumed I was blaming the fighting on that faction of travellers alone over the foreigners. That speaks volumes to me about what you really think of them too and proves my point about assets to communities in a way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement