Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found phone on Balbriggan beach.

Options
  • 09-06-2013 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

My friend found a (expensive)phone on Balbriggan beach this morning. If the owner comes to the big boat, and can confirm the service provider and the unlock pin, they can have it back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

sbkenn wrote: »
    My friend found a (expensive)phone on Balbriggan beach this morning. If the owner comes to the big boat, and can confirm the service provider and the unlock pin, they can have it back.
    Is thinly veiled banned now? I can't remember, but it would be very appropriate now.:pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Vodafone

Give me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Oh Larry Murphy & his twisted schemes...what/who will he do next?

Nice try Larry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Is thinly veiled banned now? I can't remember, but it would be very appropriate now.:pac:

Or he's describing what boat he's at to make it easier to find him?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

Thinly veiled I have a good thinly veiled post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

I will give you 3 fiddy for the phone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

I won't give out the pin online. But I lost a phone.
    I can confirm that it is expensive and has sand on/in it.

Could you please drop it into me at the small boat when you get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Eh, so your friend found an expensive phone, and if the owner confirms the unlock code.......thus unlocking it... making it usable to anyone ...you will give it back to them

Seems legit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭sbkenn

I don't expect the owner to send me the pin, just use it when they come here, to confirm that it is theirs. I did see the post from some time ago aboutsomeone helping themselves to cash in the wallet. What goes around, comes around. Have a look at the movie "Pay it forward". Ohh for that being the norm rather than an exceptional exception.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭sbkenn

I said "the big boat" as I live on it, and it is twice the length of anything else around.
    I don't expect the owner to send me the pin, just use it when they come here, to confirm that it is theirs. I did see the post from some time ago about someone helping themselves to cash in the wallet. What goes around, comes around. Have a look at the movie "Pay it forward". Ohh for that being the norm rather than an exceptional exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Boats & Hoes Phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Better idea. Superglue it to the ground by the front door of the local shopping centre. In fact, have it unlocked first and turn the camera to record first. YouTube gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I said "the big boat" as I live on it, and it is twice the length of anything else around.
    I don't expect the owner to send me the pin, just use it when they come here, to confirm that it is theirs. I did see the post from some time ago about someone helping themselves to cash in the wallet. What goes around, comes around. Have a look at the movie "Pay it forward". Ohh for that being the norm rather than an exceptional exception.

Fair play to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

What are you doing living on a boat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Meritocracy Wins

Pj! wrote: »
    What are you doing living on a boat?

Going up and down.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Baraboo

I found a phone on a beach and looked up the contact details to see who I could call. I called the contact called MAM told them the story and told them my address and asked them to ask the owner to send a SAE padded envelope and I would send it back on reciept.

That might not be so easy if it is locked with a pin. Sorry did not read the post properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

With all the tracking options on phones these days they probably know exactly where it is. Although in this case I'd say they're pretty confused when the location is displayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

It's very good of you to try to locate the owner here, but why not hand it into the Garda station in Balbriggan and let them take it from there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

feargale wrote: »
    It's very good of you to try to locate the owner here, but why not hand it into the Garda station in Balbriggan and let them take it from there?

Because it might go "missing"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

why don't you open the back of it, see what service provider is on the sim, then go to the 'talk to' forum on boards and get someone from the relevant company to take the sim card number off you. they'll contact the owner (who probably has a replacement by now) and get the wheels in motion to get the phone back to the owner.

i did that a couple of years ago. the owner sent me some lottery tickets and i won 13 yoyo. thought i'd be on a streak of good karma, so did the euromillions with the winnings but got nothing. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Going up and down.

Don't come knockin' if the boat is rockin' ...oh wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

it was probably some knackers from the inner city who were at a 'rave' earlier on, and who pissed off some old biddies who thought they were 'attacking' them with their 'music chants' so in an eye for an eye kind of way you should probably smash it to pieces off the ground while saying "karmas a bitch isnt it!! :mad:" and cackling out loud in a sideshow bob kind of way

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Dublin north forum please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement