Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you take two months of this if it was miserable the rest of the year?

Options
  • 09-06-2013 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭

I'm firmly of the opinion that if we could magically have two months of solid, hot sunny weather as we've had the last 10 days or so, then it would be worth it if it rained 10 hours a day the rest of the year*

Would you take this deal if 'twere available?

*forget about the environmental and biological catastrophe that would ensue

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

of course. Because as it is, we dont even get 2 months of it while the rest of the year IS miserable regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Isn't that basically the way things are here anyway, only with less than two months' good weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Yes. hell, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Isn't that basically the way things are here anyway, only with less than two months' good weather?

It doesn't rain 12 hours a day, or anything like it. But yeah, redundant OP is fairly redundant. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,416 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Have you heard of the west of Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Na, I'm happy living in a temperate oceanic climate. It's what makes everything green and lovely loooking.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭Norfolk Enchants

It already is miserable for at least ten months of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Every other country seems to get a "summer", why cant we have one?

Its going to rain 10 hours a day anyway so, yes please to 2 months of this weather :D To hell with the consequences!!

Na, I'm happy living in a temperate oceanic climate. It's what makes everything green and lovely loooking.:)

You don't live in Dublin, do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

You don't live in Dublin, do you?
    No, I live in paradise.:)

aka Donegal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I'm more of a Tundra man myself.

keith16 wrote: »
    I'm more of a Tundra man myself.

Can't be grass steppe for my money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

This sunny weather is miserable imo, I hate the sun. So so boring.

This sunny weather is miserable imo, I hate the sun. So so boring.

I love it, but you know what? I always feel a bit anxious too, like if it stayed forever I'd go insane

Sure it's because we get so little of it that we're all happy heads when we do :D

But yes, yes I would. I don't mind the rain much anyway, prefer the sun like, so yeh 2 months would be lovely and the 10 months would be a grand pay off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 lisalogan

Absolutely. I don't think anyone minds having a harsh winter, once we get the summer. If we got two months a year, at least we could plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Chucken wrote: »
    Every other country seems to get a "summer", why cant we have one?

Its going to rain 10 hours a day anyway so, yes please to 2 months of this weather :D To hell with the consequences!!

And have all these Northern European tourists coming here for a bit of R&R?
    'Twould spell the end of the famous Farmer's Tan.
    And wreck our isolated gene pool - with the resulting cross pollination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

The hot weather can go and get fucked; it's uncomfortable, impractical and bullshit. Bring back the winter.

Fuck off, sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Yes but the house hasn't been cleaned or the children fed for the last wk so think it could cause problems if it lasted two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Could you imagine the Irish tan (red) that every person would be sporting if we got 2 months of sun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I love it, but you know what? I always feel a bit anxious too, like if it stayed forever I'd go insane

I'm sure too much sun has the third developing world , the middle east, Italy, Greece, Spain, Florida and California as they are. A bit of rain and cold stops crazy behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I'm Irish. All my happy childhood memories are of rain. I like rain.

Complaining because its raining in Ireland despite the long history of miserable weather is something I've never understood. Might as well give out about getting wet every time you go swimming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    The hot weather can go and get fucked; it's uncomfortable, impractical and bullshit. Bring back the winter.

Fuck off, sun.

All good things come to an end and so it with our recent spell of glorious summer weather.

This week normal service will resume as the sunshine and warm temperatures is replaced by changeable weather with rain falling everywhere.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/there-goes-the-summer-rain-and-cloudy-skies-on-the-way-1.1422288

Sound!!! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

stretch it to 3months from now and fcuk yeah, it can be raining everyday after that for the next 6months tbh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Floods of rain in Germany instead of here.

Take that Angela Merkel. Don't mess with the Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Once it doesn't snow, I couldn't give a flying fúck what it does otherwise...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

mmmm met eireann shilling the weather for kenny tubbridy and co

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Irish people would never be happy. Few other societies are as obsessed with the weather. Maybe its in our islander genes.

The 2 months sun 10 months rain thing wouldn't do it for me. I love those unexpected sunny Aprils and orange Autumn sunshine.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

If it stays around 18-20 degrees and rains a bit less I'd be happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

I'm a vampire >.>

Advertisement