Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man's personal life revealed on facebook by eavesdropping stanger!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

My ears have been molested by unavoidable nonsense conversations on the train. So I'm completely indifferent to what this woman's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

What a cnut!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I thought it was funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Probably the best example of the misuse of modern technology where nothing or nobody is safe from intrusion .

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

I'm not really feeling the outrage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Both idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Awful thing to do. If false, the man's life is ruined. If true, huge humiliation for his partner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

BNMC wrote: »
    Both idiots.

There is one idiot and that is the nosey judgemental woman who decided to play judge and jury and shame a total stranger which was none of her business. Absolutely disgusting vile woman and this is typical of cyber-bullying. No matter what the guy was saying she had no right to announce what she heard to the whole world. Lads get together from time to time and have these types of conversations and it is not unusual to over-inflate such tales of conquest either. For all she knows the guys could have been just bull-sh1tting his mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Simples - dont cheat and talk about it in public if you expect to get away with it.

Cheaters 101 - dont tell anyone you dont trust 100% (Learned the hard way meself :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,261 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Alan Shatter mk. ii

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

But... the paper's spreading the story even further?

If that woman has stopped even one self-important tool from having a private conversation on his mobile, in earshot of others, in a public place, I think she deserves a medal for public service.

I hate people having audible phone conversations in public places, it's intrusive and rude.

She's no paragon, he's a dope.

ETA: Irony alert: Her name is Steph STRAYER.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

As someone said in the comments, it's just a photo with that auld bint saying he was talking about his affairs. She could be talking sh1te. Why didn't she make a video when she was at it and put it up on YouTube?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,261 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Interestign point: aren;tthe oblighe to at leat blur the picture without permission?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Simples - dont cheat and talk about it in public if you expect to get away with it.

Cheaters 101 - dont tell anyone you dont trust 100% (Learned the hard way meself :P)

Or .. you know .... Don't cheat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Meritocracy Wins

Technology shouldn't destroy a person's right to privacy. The man is a pleb but the woman has no right to possibly destroy his life. The old adage of minding your own business should have been applied here.

/ closes account.

Newspapers do that sort of thing ,they thrive on gossip to the point that even the most mundane incident or topic ( not in this case ) is now classed as newsworthy .

• Registered Users Posts: 45,361 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

The statue to her right doesn't think much of her.

I don't get the outrage, if he is cheating he deserves to be caught. It's his own fault and deserves all the repercussions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Its the gestapo lads, watch who Yer riding!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Interestign point: aren;tthe oblighe to at leat blur the picture without permission?

Once it's in the public domain they can reprint it without permission or altering it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

BostonB wrote: »
    Is it private if you are speaking loudly in a public space?

This. Serves him right for bragging about it loudly for all to hear. If he wants to keep his private affairs private then he should be learned to stfu in public. No one needs to hear that kind of guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Does she really think she's a hero and doing the wife a favour?

Imagine how embarrassed and humiliated the wife is going to be after finding out her husband is cheating on her by reading a link a friend on facebook shared or reading it in a newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

What an auld b itch

Shes happy out in the newspaper photo too..nothing but a busy body,an international busy body now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Technology shouldn't destroy a person's right to privacy. The man is a pleb but the woman has no right to possibly destroy his life. The old adage of minding your own business should have been applied here.

/ closes account.

But the woman hasn't destroyed his life. If what she heard was true and he's a cheater, he's done it all himself.

What was her purpose of doing this? To spread news in the hope that his main partner picks up on it, perhaps? Granted an absolute stranger who knows nothing about him hasn't helped, news like that will break out anyway eventually.

There's no excuse what so ever for cheating. It's greed and selfishness and nothing but.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

garv123 wrote: »

Imagine how embarrassed and humiliated the wife is going to be after finding out her husband is cheating on her by reading a link a friend on facebook shared or reading it in a newspaper.

This.

Poor wife finding out on facebook or a newspaper of her husbands, as if a partner straying wouldn't be bad enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

It's lulzy if it's true and his wife finds out. It's lulzy if it's not true and his wife finds out. Win win situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Where does she draw the line I wonder

Shes she film people speeding,parking in handicap spaces

Is her busy bodiness a regular thing or is this her first time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

I don't get the outrage, if he is cheating he deserves to be caught. It's his own fault and deserves all the repercussions.

IF

• Advertisement

Cheating is one thing but if somebody were to follow her around with a camera , find some flaw in her character or life and post in for the world to see then she would be ok with this ...right ?

Advertisement