Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming in the sea

Options
  • 08-06-2013 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

I'd like to go swimming today but I dont like water in my eyes. I went swimming on wednesday and I was the only one there with goggles. Will I look weird with goggles on?

Am I an oddball?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

I'd like to go swimming today but I dont like water in my eyes. I went swimming on wednesday and I was the only one there with goggles. Will I look weird with goggles on?

Am I an oddball?

You Sir are the oddest of balls.. I never saw the Hoff in goggles :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Why do you even care what other people think, it's a lovely day , go for your swim and stop caring about what anybody els thinks. Just be careful out there tho, that's what I'd be more concerned with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Wearing goggles while swimming at sea is not weird .What's weird is that you feel you have to ask the question in the first place .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

swimming in june, yeah go for it lol

water will feel like it does in march btw ;) , so about what 7 degrees? lovely!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

If anyone asks just say you have an eye infection, perfect excuse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The only way it would be weird is wearing glasses under goggles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

My mankini seems to divert their attention from my ridiculous choice of eyewear

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Who gives a ****, have a sense of humor about it. Even if the 'worst' happens and somebody says something, laugh it off. The goggles are not an intrinsic part of you so if someone is joking about you looking stupid you can remember that they can be taken off, but the other person has to live with their comical face all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Hard luck, HardLuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

The only way it would be weird is wearing glasses under goggles

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Am I an oddball?

No, they won't make you look weird. That's where the floater condoms stuck in your hair come in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

does anyone else think swimming in the sea is weird, and i grew up near the sea so i shouldn't be bothered by it but I am. it's very disconcerting and i much prefer the pool. i had a sea swim competition last year, kept getting weirded out by the current and the idea that i was drifting out too far... don't like it at all. i'd rather splash around the waves or go to the pool tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Haha it hurts everybody's eyes, but wear the goggles if you want. The worst part is the taste of salt once you go under.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Aspiring wrote: »
    Haha it hurts everybody's eyes, but wear the goggles if you want. The worst part is the taste of salt once you go under.

you do realise your not supposed to breath trhough your mouth under water right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

sea water doesnt hurt my eyes at all. Doesnt hurt anybodys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

"Nice googles!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

The water wouldn't hurt my eyes, swimming off Dollymount beach the salt content is unreal, oh and a good shower after because the sun will leave your salty skin all red and crispy!

If you want to look like a twat you could always head down the park and strip down to your milky white skin in your candy stripe jocks like a guy I saw today. Clown. Put some damn sun lotion on when your skin's that pale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Trust me. Absolutely nobody cares what you look like, or will even look at you when you're swimming. Not even the lifeguard! LOOOOOSER!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

the taste of salt once you go under.

teeheehee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

IM0 wrote: »
    you do realise your not supposed to breath trhough your mouth under water right?

What, really?

Nah I mean you taste it anyway cos its all over your face. I realise how sexual this sounds.

• Advertisement
Advertisement