Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing newbie

Options
  • 08-06-2013 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi, I want to get into sea fishing. Fishing from piers basically. Could you advise me a). What equipment I need? b). Where to buy some? c.) Where to fish? I'm in Dublin but will travel

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

qwert2 wrote: »
    Hi, I want to get into sea fishing. Fishing from piers basically. Could you advise me a). What equipment I need? b). Where to buy some? c.) Where to fish? I'm in Dublin but will travel

Thanks!

If you want to use bait you will need a beachcaster that will take wights of between 4 to 8 oz, a good size reel that will take 15lb line, grip leads from 3oz to 6oz should cover most things
    Try any of the tackle shops in Dublin, I'm not from Dublin but have used Henry's tackle before
    They will tell you everything you need best of luck with it hope you enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

realrebel wrote: »
    If you want to use bait you will need a beachcaster that will take wights of between 4 to 8 oz, a good size reel that will take 15lb line, grip leads from 3oz to 6oz should cover most things
    Try any of the tackle shops in Dublin, I'm not from Dublin but have used Henry's tackle before
    They will tell you everything you need best of luck with it hope you enjoy it

Forgot to say if you want to use lures a smaller rod that will take 20gm to 50gm should be grand for spinning
    I use a small ugly stick for my mackerel and pollock fishing and you get a better fight on light gear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

Some good info here

What are you hoping to catch? What kind of budget do you have?

Advertisement