Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Gooders

Options
  • 07-06-2013 11:06pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5

I am trying to find a universal opinion of a 'do gooder' .
    Their physiology ,anatomy ,genes .....etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

Ronza wrote: »

not sure I understand, you want the physiology of a do gooder or you want a general opinion of them?

today I appealed for help to get rid of a cat, that makes me a do badder so can't help you with either am afraid :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Do gooders are people who do good.

Except when they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,766 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm not just good...
    I'm edeneezer goode..
    (Tuneeee boiiiii)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Isn't it just as well you signed up to Boards.ie to post that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

They're usually bipedal hominids with human DNA.

Those squares, why can't they be more like do badders, and do bad!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

They sound like they must be dutch.

• Site Banned Posts: 5 Ronza

johnayo wrote: »
    Isn't it just as well you signed up to Boards.ie to post that.

I sign up in May .Hay Hay. I am on a learning curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

It's "better"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭bacon n eggs

There are several types of do gooders;

No 1. The person who does good only to be seen to be doing good but doesn't really want to be doing good.

No 2. A variation on No 1, only wants to be seen by bigger fish to be doing good i.e. the boss, manager etc.

No 3. The person behind the scenes who really wants to help but doesn't want any of the recognition for all they have done.

I'm female, mid thirties, dark hair and eyes, slim build, about 5'4, I look like natalie portman with short hair :/ I'm genetically predisposed to hayfever and asthma but other than that I'm healthy adult human. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

There are several types of do gooders;

No 1. The person who does good only to be seen to be doing good but doesn't really want to be doing good.

No 2. A variation on No 1, only wants to be seen by bigger fish to be doing good i.e. the boss, manager etc.

No 3. The person behind the scenes who really wants to help but doesn't want any of the recognition for all they have done.

I'm a No. 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I think they are supposedly 98% and 95% genetically similar to bleeding heart liberals and the PC Brigade respectively. Or else a non-fertile hybrid of the two. Can't remember which.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I'm a No. 3.
    I'm a bigger No.3 than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Arcsin

The males are generally between 5ft and 5.5ft tall. The largest males can weigh up to 65kg.

Adult males are identified by facial hair, glasses and naïvete.

They have a distinctive call, a high pitched whine that sounds like "Links please? Links please?".

Females are notable for their hairy ankles and the ability to believe every sob story they hear.

In the wild the do gooder is preyed on by the Racistrightwinger and the Unscruplousimmigrant.

The lower appendage of a do gooder is known as a bicycle. A new species of do gooder was recently discovered that has an outer shell called a Prius.

A group of do gooders is known as a protest. While at times a protest of do gooders may appear loud and angry, they are usually considered harmless to humans.

Notable do gooder wildlife reserves include Aras an Uachtaran and the Seanad.

Arcsin wrote: »
    The males are generally between 5ft and 5.5ft tall. The largest males can weigh up to 65kg.

They have a distinctive call, a high pitched whine that sounds like "Links please? Links please?".

Females are notable for their hairy ankles and the ability to believe every sob story they hear.

In the wild the do gooder is preyed on by the Racistrightwinger and the Unscruplousimmigrant.

The lower appendage of a do gooder is known as a bicycle. A new species of do gooder was recently discovered that has an outer shell called a Prius.

A group of do gooders is known as a protest. While at times a protest of do gooders may appear loud and angry, they are usually considered harmless to humans.

Looking for evidence to back up witless, ignorant opinions, and helping to reduce pollution and traffic congestion?

What kind of monsters are we dealing with!?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Arcsin

Looking for evidence to back up witless, ignorant opinions, and helping to reduce pollution and traffic congestion?

What kind of monsters are we dealing with!?

Its a scary world out there. There has been some success in controlling their numbers using inaccurate stereotypes and aggressive cyclist hating drivers.

However populations have been shown to explode in areas with education and Internet access, the exact reason for this remains unclear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

Supreme arrogance and an unwillingness or inability to imagine any negative outcome that doesn't compute with their (usually) naive idea of how things will be after they intervene, are the main characteristics. A need to be admired by a certain social set (usually friends or desired peers in the PC Brigade and the Bleeding Heart Battalion), self congratulatory and the ability to absorb information but not rationally apply it to a world outside of their own savvy coffee house existence are also common traits. They are a distant more evolved branch of the so called 'Right-On' types.
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions, just look at Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Supreme arrogance and an unwillingness or inability to imagine any negative outcome that doesn't compute with their (usually) naive idea of how things will be after they intervene, are the main characteristics. A need to be admired by a certain social set (usually friends or desired peers in the PC Brigade and the Bleeding Heart Battalion), self congratulatory and the ability to absorb information but not rationally apply it to a world outside of their own savvy coffee house existence are also common traits. They are a distant more evolved branch of the so called 'Right-On' types.

Oh yeah? You are doing it wrong. Let me help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

MadsL wrote: »
    Oh yeah? You are doing it wrong. Let me help.

Just give me the money and leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Generally, they don't - do good, that is. Usually, it's a cynical, ruthless, hard nosed capitalist gone soft and philanthropic who ends up doing the most good. The rest are well meaning cabbages fumbling around sticking their beaks in.. IMO. But then I'm a ruthless cnut, so what would I know.

• Advertisement

Yeah, look at how all those bloodthirsty do-gooders like Leopold II and Cecil Rhodes ruined the continent with their wishy-washy, namby-pamby colonialism!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I always forget that Africa is a country, thanks for reminding me.

trust me you won't find them here op

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭Norfolk Enchants

Pure genius. The dogooderusrex has a new catchphrase du jour - 'check your privilege'. A phrase they picked up at sociology class and rehash at every given opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Proving they should be tagged and set free. Incarceration is an extraordinary and unnecessary expense to the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

or a gaggle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Maude Flanders.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

"iwasonlytryingtohelp" "iwasonlytryingtohelp" - instantly recognisable call of some of them

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

pharmaton wrote: »
    I'm female, mid thirties, dark hair and eyes, slim build, about 5'4, I look like natalie portman with short hair :/ I'm genetically predisposed to hayfever and asthma but other than that I'm healthy adult human. Hope this helps.

apt username :pac:

• Advertisement

kc90 wrote: »
    apt username :pac:
    I was helping myself to the drugs cabinet when I was signing up :P

f cuk I'm such a do gooder

Advertisement