Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Birds Eye Polar Bear

Options
  • 07-06-2013 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

Is it just me, but since I realised that the voice behind it is Willem Defoe, this thing has just taken on a whole new level of creepiness!!!???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I don't get the ads at all, the bear makes me feel uncomfortable, there's something almost sinister about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,295 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I don't get the ads at all, the bear makes me feel uncomfortable, there's something almost sinister about him.

Completely agree, don't get it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

To be honest, is there any situation where you open your fridge door and there's a talking polar inside that couldn't be described as sinister?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Christopher Walken does the Compare the Meerkat.com voice.

True story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

I think the first few were better, really fscking creepy. Not so much anymore.

• Advertisement

Christopher Walken does the Compare the Meerkat.com voice.

True story.
    No he doesn't, the Geordie guy from Alan Partridge does it.

No he doesn't, the Geordie guy from Alan Partridge does it.

It was joke.:( But thanks for bringing us back to grim reality.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Those ads creep me out big time. I would freak out if that polar bear turned up in my freezer someday telling me to try birds eye products.

He's quite threatening.

That low tone is obviously to lull you into a sense of security, but I bet he'd put a hit on you if you pulled out the Donegal Catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,635 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I love the bear. I'm still not going shopping in Iceland but I do love that bear.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

That bear is creepy as fuck!

That polar bear will never beat Ben & Mary.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

You get the impression he goes off set and spends his time convincing small children to take drugs and then making them rip their own faces off.
    Yeah they're selling more fish but at what price?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

OldGoat wrote: »
    I love the bear. I'm still not going shopping in Iceland but I do love that bear.

Love the bear too :D, but whats wrong with Iceland?! :confused::eek: Only pretty much discovered the place, and their prices about a year or so ago methinks and imho one of the best and cheapest place for grocery shopping!

Those Kerry Katona ads for it a while back did really chav up the place a bit though methinks, but after that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

If I saw that Katona tart in my freezer,id probably club some sense into her.

If I saw that Katona tart in my freezer,id probably club some sense into her.

She has a range of tarts now? The cheek!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I love creepy icebox bear, I want the plush!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

All we need now is for the birdseye bear and pedo bear to have a few cubs...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

bluewolf wrote: »

And a hole cut in the bottom of the icebox so you can operate the bear from the safety of the empty fridge below.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's the rapiest polar bear I've ever seen. Their last mascot was a bit rapey too, mind.

• Advertisement

I couldn't imagine a human lasting too long if polar bear came home one day and found one in his igloo, or whatever you call what they live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

I think he should be paired off with that pervy sounding rabbit that used to be in the cadburys caramel ad " hey there Mr.bee why are you buzzing around?"( or some s***e like that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Morag wrote: »
    All we need now is for the birdseye bear and pedo bear to have a few cubs...

The cubs would be pizzly bears.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grizzly%E2%80%93polar_bear_hybrid

• Registered Users Posts: 12,635 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Love the bear too :D, but whats wrong with Iceland?!
    Ahhh I didn't know what the bear was advertising. I knew it was something frozen.
    -1 for my ad-awareness but + 1gazillion for for me being blasé enough not to buy into advertising. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭FreshKnickers

Mariasofia wrote: »
    I think he should be paired off with that pervy sounding rabbit that used to be in the cadburys caramel ad " hey there Mr.bee why are you buzzing around?"( or some s***e like that)

:eek: That Caramel Bunny is a right bilf though, know loads of blokes who got their first bunny boner to that hot piece of tail. Not me though. For me that honour belongs to this doe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

kowloon wrote: »
    And a hole cut in the bottom

Plushie!
    :eek: That Caramel Bunny is a right bilf though, know loads of blokes who got their first bunny boner to that hot piece of tail. Not me though.

Furries!
    For me that honour belongs to this doe.

Trans Furrie fancier!

Wow to have a thread descend to such perversity this early on a Friday evening, ye all must have been at the after work 'refreshments'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Hownowcow

Wow to have a thread descend to such perversity this early on a Friday evening, ye all must have been at the after work 'refreshments'.

It's not just the humans!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Plushie!

If you're not going to try and make it move and talk what's the point?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

bluewolf wrote: »

You could get the plush polar last year if you collected tokens of the fish fingers I got one and its creepier than the tv the tongue is blue like wtf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Well, he is being voiced by the Green Goblin :P

Advertisement