Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you had a conversation with anybody today that did not involve the weather?

Options
  • 06-06-2013 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭

I Havn’t.

Every single person I've spoken to today has had to make some mention of it.

Now, I'm enjoying the sunshine as much as anyone else, but FFS can we not talk about something else?

;)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I've had conversations with imaginary people on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

Im at home with my 20 month old baby and she diddnt mention it once :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭scotchy

Im at home with my 20 month old baby and she diddnt mention it once :D

That's some weather isn't it:cool:

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Kinda the same whatever the weather.

Seen better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭bacon n eggs

ffs is that all ye have to whinge about ...jeez

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

No I think it's kind of a law around here.

Whatever the weather, from sunny to bitter cold, you must mention it to everyone.

I dont mind the mentioning of it but when some arse hole says its too warm he get a kick where the sun dont shine .

Love these days i dont get many off and spent the vast amount of today outside in the park with the lil one . Great day for me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

"Some weather"

dunno how many times I heard those two words today- sometimes evening coming out of my own mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Everyone has become a taxi driver now eh? I suppose it's a nice discussion starter. Better then not being able to think of anything to say, and just staring at each other awkwardly waiting for someone to say something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I had the misfortune of timing my break today with the most boring person on this earth. I had a riveting one sided conversation where he droned on and I listened about the ingredients of tomato ketchup, The soldier that was myrdered in Woolwich and most riveting of the housing market but not once did he mention the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Yep, my 2 year old nephew.

All I've heard all day is "lets play kick" (football), "there's an ant" (fascinated by them), "Hello Che" (our Dogo) and "is that a snake" (Anything on the ground thats small and skinny).

But while we're on the subject, no way was it as warm as it has been the last few days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

I drove into the back of a fella earlier in the car. Funny there was no mention of the weather during our conversation but his attitude was fairly frosty to say the least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Why do you care?:pac: its slightly better than an akward silence isnt it kind of

I was about to say that statisticaly men have more fender benders in gud weather cause were more focused on the female flesh being flaunted around our streets and then i realised you were a lady , so statisticalyy speaking ;-)
    Mariasofia wrote: »
    I drove into the back of a fella earlier in the car. Funny there was no mention of the weather during our conversation but his attitude was fairly frosty to say the least :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Earlier today as I proceeded to whip more axles out 2 ladies called into me with no intention of talking about the weather.... That was me off for the rest of the afternoon! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Snow forecast for the weekend. The roads'll be mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

I hate small talk,
    especially weather talk. When working, I get alot of "lovely/horrible weather out there" Really, and I thought it was just sunny inside >_>

Though, I often tell people I love the rain and cold just t hve them go ..all wide eyed "really!!!..thats unusual"..

fcuk, it's weather not a tattoo :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Talking about the 'weather' is just your standard BS chit-chat :pac:

It's usually a sign that either A, Said person doesnt know what to be talking to you about B, doesnt really know you too well (topical issue) or C, quite frankly put doesnt like you and making idle chit chat as they can't wait to get away from you.

You know it's true people! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

Yes.
    Travelling... am in Russia atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

A0 wrote: »
    Yes.
    Travelling... am in Russia atm.

In Russia weather asks about you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

Kxiii wrote: »
    In Russia weather asks about you.

Not sure weather this is true. Prove it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

endacl wrote: »
    Snow forecast for the weekend. The roads'll be mental.
    you're not wrong there :eek:

http://snowreport.co.za/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I have seen this man going into my local shop a few times. Every time I see him he is in full conversation with himself, I even witnessed him arguing with himself one morning don't know if it was over the weather though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Yep. I didn't have a conversation with anybody today! :(

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I did a house repossession today... 'cheer up, its a nice day afterall' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Kichote

Lovely day isn't it, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dubwat

Me: 23 John Player Blue.
    Shop: That's €10, please.
    Me: Thank you.

Ok, Ok, I admit I made up the 'please' comment from the shop assistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

Our neighbours had a screaming row in their back garden, well actually one person did all the screaming, and I had to hear it from my bed ( my actual bed inside my room not a sun lounger) this person is "known to" us from previous run ins.
    So when my ma came home I told her about it. Weather involvement probably debatable.seemed to be a factor in the screaming, though several different grievances made it in there, tbh.
    We also had a conversation about the new front door because it's just that kind of exciting in the starling house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    I did a house repossession today... 'cheer up, its a nice day afterall' :)

Did it help?:)

Advertisement