Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tide times app

Options
  • 29-05-2013 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭

Does anyone use an andriod app for tide times? What one?

Would be handy to have one on the phone but cant seem to find any (at least none that are free!)

Suggestions welcome :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭.red.

SeaFields wrote: »

Would be handy to have one on the phone but cant seem to find any (at least none that are free!)

I just google "irish sailing cobh tide times" from the ohones browser and it brings up a page with different months. Click the month and it downloads a file with the monthly ttides. Very handy as once its downloaded you dont need internet to view it. Theres a good few locations across ireland on the page.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

There is an app called IrishTides in google play

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

.red. wrote: »
    I just google "irish sailing cobh tide times" from the ohones browser and it brings up a page with different months. Click the month and it downloads a file with the monthly ttides. Very handy as once its downloaded you dont need internet to view it. Theres a good few locations across ireland on the page.

cheers i just wanted to avoid having to google. Wanted to just click a button and get the local tide....we're a spoilt generation with technology :pac:

croo wrote: »
    There is an app called IrishTides in google play

Just downloaded it. It seems grand. Very poor rating tho and has crashed on me a few times already. Will chance it for awhile tho.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I use UK Tides - has lots of Irish locations too so don't let the UK name put you off. Also has sunrise/sunset and moonrise/moonset times, as well as a neat graphic of the tide cycle showing the current time and the tide cycle for the next few days. Downloaded it for free from the play store I think, but it was a while ago, don't know if its still available for free...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I too use UK Tides. Got it just a month ago. Very accurate and has all the local marks I use. Graphic agree excellent.

• Advertisement

bang on. exactly what i wanted. cheers.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

I've been using IrishTides, but it's an awful pain cause it only gives the tide times for that day and doesn't give tide times for later in the week. Think I change my app now after reading this.

just looking at the shear amount of irish places on the uk tides app they shoud really rename it somethung more geographical. id say a lot of irish dismiss it on the title alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭.red.

cheers i just wanted to avoid having to google. Wanted to just click a button and get the local tide....we're a spoilt generation with technology :pac:
    Thats the handy thing about having the file saved. Takes about 90seconds to download 3-4months tides and their on your phone then till you delete them.

• Advertisement

.red. wrote: »
    Thats the handy thing about having the file saved. Takes about 90seconds to download 3-4months tides and their on your phone then till you delete them.

Yeah i see what your saying. A bit like having the tide times booklet thrown in the glovebox. I might do both. Really like the look of that uk tides app tho

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

I too use UK Tides. Got it just a month ago. Very accurate and has all the local marks I use. Graphic agree excellent.

Another vote for UK tides...best I've tried....its got a great widget to put on your home screen too...

Advertisement