Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salmon license, is it illegal.

Options
  • 24-05-2013 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Just wondering is it illegal to use someone elses license while fishing. Me and a few friends are trying to scrap a few quid up to get away for the wknd for some fishing and are thinking of going fishing for salmon. Seeing as everyone and their dogs are skint (well were im from anyway) we were thinking of buying 3 license's between 6 of us and using the 3 rods and take turns. I know this sounds very red kneckish but as it stands, with having to also buy permits etc.., we cant really afford all of us to get a license each.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

tootsy70 wrote: »
    Just wondering is it illegal to use someone elses license while fishing. Me and a few friends are trying to scrap a few quid up to get away for the wknd for some fishing and are thinking of going fishing for salmon. Seeing as everyone and their dogs are skint (well were im from anyway) we were thinking of buying 3 license's between 6 of us and using the 3 rods and take turns. I know this sounds very red kneckish but as it stands, with having to also buy permits etc.., we cant really afford all of us to get a license each.

Sorry to burst your bubble but it's illegal. A licence is held by an individual and only that individual can fish with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭tootsy70

Zzippy wrote: »
    Sorry to burst your bubble but it's illegal. A licence is held by an individual and only that individual can fish with it.

:mad: Do the license's have your photo on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

1 day licence and 1 tag is €20. 21 day licence is €40 with 3 tags. If your only fishing for 1 day it's not that expensive. you'll be very lucky to need more than one tag. if your under 18 state licence is only €10.

There is no picture on your salmon licence, but the consequences of getting caught using someone else licence would be severe, it would be considered poaching by fishery officers. If you are fishing a prolific salmon river, I would imagine that you will meet fishery officers. So don't chance it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

We'll lock this up....OP has gotten their answer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement