Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punchestown race course - No dogs off leads?

Options
  • 17-05-2013 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm a regular user of punchestown racecourse to walk my dogs. I have one dog who likes to walk off the lead. I am very responsible, clean up after them, put them back on the lead if people or other dogs approach etc..
    Ive been noticing a man, an older man, following people and telling them to put their dogs on the lead, I even saw him chasing two women.
    My question is - do you know who he is? Is he authorized to do this?
    He followed me with his car the other day as I was walking, he then approached me and said "this is a strike, one more and it's a red card."
    He really threw me off, it's somewhere that I love to go and get away from things, but knowing he's following people bugs me.
    Does anyone know anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Have you considered stealing his whistle to teach him a lesson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Hownowcow

Cupcake01 wrote: »
    I'm a regular user of punchestown racecourse to walk my dogs. I have one dog who likes to walk off the lead. I am very responsible, clean up after them, put them back on the lead if people or other dogs approach etc..
    Ive been noticing a man, an older man, following people and telling them to put their dogs on the lead, I even saw him chasing two women.
    My question is - do you know who he is? Is he authorized to do this?
    He followed me with his car the other day as I was walking, he then approached me and said "this is a strike, one more and it's a red card."
    He really threw me off, it's somewhere that I love to go and get away from things, but knowing he's following people bugs me.
    Does anyone know anything?

I know some stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Probably better to ask in the Kildare forum.

Or else you could just start screaming " I am a woman on my own - stop threatening me !"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Sounds like the old people who decide to inform you the street you are trying to park is a no parking zone. Even through there is no signs saying no parking and there is about a dozen cars

God I hate geriatrics. They should stick to what they know like bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Sounds like a do-gooding nosey parker. Maybe video him or ask him for ID, that'll learn him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I assume it private property, so they introduce their own rules, but if he comes near you again ask him for ID, that'll probably throw him off. Sounds like a busy body. There is no law in Ireland that a dog must be leashed, only that it must be under control.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

muletide wrote: »
    Probably better to ask in the Kildare forum.

This please.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=936

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement