Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Glass

Options
  • 16-05-2013 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering is anybody considering the Google glasses for their bike rather than a standard video camera?

It seems like it might be reasonable accessory and more useful than the cameras.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

I'd imagine the answer is no. I only use a camera when mountain biking. Wearing a pair of glasses and talking to yourself while going over bumps and jumps doesn't sound overly enjoyable/feasible. I'm sure wind sound would ruin it as well.

Plus I don't want to look like a tool. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Not sure if Google Glass will make it to the sport but the Recon Instruments glasses look to be a sure thing for those who cant get enough tech and have deep pockets (assuming they make it out of the advanced prototype phase and into production).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

I;ve used Google Glass on my Brompton in Silicon Valley. Don't really see the need for it in terms of finding locations since I know where I am going, and the viewing of messages can be a bit of a distraction. I prefer to use my Pebble Watch to be notified of an incoming message, stop, and then deal with it. There are issues with ambient sound, but not huge.

There is a Strava integration btw already. http://glass-apps.org/strava-glass-app

Advertisement