Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shore Fishing Galway

Options
  • 16-05-2013 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Hi lads,

New to sea fishing and am thinking of taking my boys to Galway this weekend to chance our arms at a bit of shore fishing. Only have basic gear ( 2 12ft beach casters tripod and some rigs).

Looking for a bit of advice as to where to go. Hoping to catch pollock or mackerel but anything would be great lol.

Thanks for looking

Jim

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭lewishamilton

Jimy1971 wrote: »
    Hi lads,

New to sea fishing and am thinking of taking my boys to Galway this weekend to chance our arms at a bit of shore fishing. Only have basic gear ( 2 12ft beach casters tripod and some rigs).

Looking for a bit of advice as to where to go. Hoping to catch pollock or mackerel but anything would be great lol.

Thanks for looking

Jim

spiddal pier is good for the mackerel,there's a few pollock around there aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Irish_Fisher

Jimy1971 wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Thanks for looking

Jim

i would advise you to go to the pier in barna if its in galway you want to go.

i would go to clare because you have a chance to catch more fish including sting rays, flounder, cod, almost any fish

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 Friendly_User

I have very difficult to fish at Barna Pier because there is a high wall at your back so overhead casting is a problem for me there.

Advertisement