Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ's in Cork City / Suburbs

Options
  • 14-05-2013 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all,
    Wonder if you could help me out?

I'm looking to organize a BBQ in a pub around Cork City / Suburbs somewhere in mid June of this year. Id like a place that would cater for everyone's needs.
    eg (Wine, Beer, Spirits etc)
    • Its for a group of about 60 people aged between 21-50..
    • If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
    • Price wise im looking at no more than €20-25 per person

Cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Not sure if they do Barbeques yet but check out the Flying Enterprise at South Gate Bridge.
    They have an excellent outdoor party bar and courtyard out the back which would be ideal. I was at a party there last weekend and was very impressed.
    The bar in that area is still sheltered but there's also a massive outdoor area.

EDIT : They do BBQs'.. Website and pics here : http://www.theflyingenterprise.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

mmm you could try the Quayside bar, you would probably be the most of the crowd there on the night but they have an outdoor area (small but enough) with a pizza oven and im sure there is a bbq too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

sorry that's in Victoria road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

The Elm Tree is a grand spot. It'd be about 20 mins from town.
    The food in their restaurant is nice, so I'd say their BBQ would be good.
    http://www.elmtree.ie/p_functions.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

If you want something in the 'burbs then Vienna woods hotel in Glanmire do barbecues as well, not sure about cost but its a nice spot and parking would be a good bit easier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Anglers Rest. Bit out, but only a short taxi. Perfect BBQ location.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Fionn Barra's on Douglas Street would be ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Corkladddd!!

I've been at BBQ's at both Soho and the River Lee Hotel with work catering for the same size group/age range you mentioned; both were very good but the River Lee seemed a touch above and it's also a little bit out so you have your own group rather than being split up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

If it's "outdoor eating" you want but not necessarily barbecue food, you could try the Blackrock Castle. Had a work do there a couple of summers ago; I can't comment on pricing, but the food & setting were superb.

For something more central, Currans on Adelaide St. is very central and has a nice roof terrace. Food is ok, non-spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

McCarthys Bar and Bistro was excellent when my work had a barbecue there a few years back - not sure if they are still as good but the food was lovely at the time and plenty of it. They had a DJ inside then after (think this was because the weather was a bit rainy so maybe the DJ is outside on their roof garden if it's dry :))

Also, I know SoHo have a roof garden so that could be a good location for a BBQ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 yourmam

Many thanks to all who replied over 2 years ago. Bit of a techno-numty..

Not a bother boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Won't be too many BBQs this summer, what a pity, I love them.

Where would one find a BBQ this summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

In any decent hardware store, you cna't give away due to the bad weather.:rolleyes:

Advertisement