Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony Blackburn - High Art

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

And the point is?

Or even yours?

Edit. Nice ninja edit there OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

irish-stew wrote: »
    And the point is?

Or even yours?

You tell me me. What is the point? Actually whats the point of life?

I was editing before you started writing or resonding and youre edit ahad nothing to do with my edit so why make a point about my edit? ( thats an edit btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

who??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

You tell me me. What is the point? Actually whats the point of life?

I was editing before you started writing or resonding and youre edit ahad nothing to do with my edit so why make a point about my edit? ( thats an edit btw)

So I noticed.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

I liked Tony Blackburn. He played a Soul Show on one of the stations when I lived in the UK. His jokes were not mainstream funny but they got HIM through the day. As far as I remember he was the DJ that played the first song on the new Radio 1. A legend both in his own lifetime and mine. Yes, he used get emotional talking about his marital woes but he was sincere about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Surely one of the chief inspirations behind Alan Partridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

who??

A DJ I think,bizzare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    I liked Tony Blackburn. He played a Soul Show on one of the stations when I lived in the UK. His jokes were not mainstream funny but they got HIM through the day. As far as I remember he was the DJ that played the first song on the new Radio 1. A legend both in his own lifetime and mine. Yes, he used get emotional talking about his marital woes but he was sincere about it.

Correct, it was by Flowers In The Rain by The Move (the band that ELO sprang from) Couldn't stand him and am waiting for the breaking new story about him. As I am about every DJ in his 60s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Blackburn was a cheesy kind of guy and just what the new BBC radio 1 bosses wanted ,somebody who appealed to the 13 year olds and the mums but he wasn't very popular with most of the other BBC DJ's and musician's because of his whole '' squeaky clean / don't rock the boat '' persona in that late 60s , early 70s period in radio .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

I remember him once explaining the Cockney slang "arris" - as in modern day "ass".
    Aristotle

Jug&Bottle

Bottle&Glass

Ass

Yet I can't remember the square on the hypotenuse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Those excerpts actually could have been taken from the (fictional) Alan Partridge autobiography! They're hilarious!

I particularly liked
    "Apart from one ugly night, when we took over this club in Leicester Square, and the evening ended in murder, the Soul Night Out was a joy-filled weekly event, where everybody, black, white and all shades in between, united around a shared love of music".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

He comes across as so bland and naïve in those articles you half expect him to say '' I was once talking live on air and then I farted ...ooops ...haw haw haw '' .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Has anybody heard his single IN THE NIGHT?

It's great.

Advertisement