Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another strange flatmate thread

Options
  • 05-05-2013 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

so I'm living in a houseshare since January (standard enough, 3 guys 2 girls, everyone working etc) except for something I've noticed 1 of the girls doing the last few months but never questioned her. (Some background, she's in her late 20's single, yes she's hot and no I'm not posting pics) but every few days she gets a bag of pistachios and de-shells every single one of them putting them into a bowl (but most importantly - not eating them, she hates the taste of them)

At first I thought she was doing it to bring them into work the next day or something but no, apparently it "balances out the world". At first I thought PSYCHO but the more I think about it..... maybe she's right?

She gives the bowls to other people in the house to eat, I offered to pay her for them (pistachios are expensive if anyone doesn't know) but she wouldn't accept it..

Anyway, is my life in danger or should I continue to accept her kind offerings of free, de-shelled pistachios?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Dr. Nooooo!

Sound housemate rather than strange, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

Sounds a bit nuts...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

2.50 in Lidl bud not that expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

If she is hot, I'd try royde the crazy out of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

That sounds like OCD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Pinewoo

kneemos wrote: »
    2.50 in Lidl bud not that expensive.

It is when you're buying 3 bags a week and not eating them... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Maybe she just really enjoys de-shelling the pistachios, like it's comforting for her?

But wtf does she mean by it "balances out the world"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

1. Buy some mice or similar sized rodent from pet shop.

2. teach them extreme sports e.g. skateboarding, BMXing, Parkour

3. Use empty pistachio shells as miniture safety helmets for the rodents.

That'll show her the meaning of crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Pinewoo wrote: »
    It is when you're buying 3 bags a week and not eating them... :confused:

Not much to balance out the world.I think we should encourage original thinkers(not the Connor's)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Pinewoo wrote: »
    so I'm living in a houseshare since January (standard enough, 3 guys 2 girls, everyone working etc) except for something I've noticed 1 of the girls doing the last few months but never questioned her. (Some background, she's in her late 20's single, yes she's hot and no I'm not posting pics) but every few days she gets a bag of pistachios and de-shells every single one of them putting them into a bowl (but most importantly - not eating them, she hates the taste of them)

At first I thought she was doing it to bring them into work the next day or something but no, apparently it "balances out the world". At first I thought PSYCHO but the more I think about it..... maybe she's right?

She gives the bowls to other people in the house to eat, I offered to pay her for them (pistachios are expensive if anyone doesn't know) but she wouldn't accept it..

Anyway, is my life in danger or should I continue to accept her kind offerings of free, de-shelled pistachios?

And pistachios is the code word for SEX right???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

These housemate threads are starting to sound like they were written by someone who lived in a bubble their whole lives. It's not a school playground for crying out loud. People do things, everyone has quirks, unless they are trying to kill you or something just deal with it.

"OMG my housemate is sooooooo weird!"

No, they're not, and even if they were:
    A: So what?
    B: Why should we care?
    C: Get a blog.

orestes wrote: »

If you applied those criteria to every thread in AH, it would be a barren wasteland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭dmc17

So...you have a hot housemate who not only buys you pistachios but also takes the shells off for you......what's the problem again :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭wallyMe

It could be something she used to do with a parent, grandparent, friend who is deceased or something and wants to continue the tradition.

Or else she is shoving the nuts up her arse and laughing at ye for eating them, I wouldn't mind to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Get worried if she starts peeling bananas for y'all and leaving them on your pillow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Shouldn't you be the one giving her the nuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Pinewoo

These housemate threads are starting to sound like they were written by someone who lived in a bubble their whole lives. It's not a school playground for crying out loud. People do things, everyone has quirks, unless they are trying to kill you or something just deal with it.

"OMG my housemate is sooooooo weird!"

Who's a bit of a Moaning Michael this evening then?

A rare enough habit for her to recognise herself or one of the other flatmates to know who you're posting about (assuming you're not the only boardsie in the house).

Beware, you might wake up to a horses head in your bed! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Yep, it takes all sorts. In my final year of uni, we shared with a guy, nice lad from Munster, who wore high heels in the house. It was weird and awkward at the start and we rarely crossed paths in the house in truth due to our schedules but give me him any day over another weirdo/psycho we had to share with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Ficheall

She sounds alright, OP. You can give her my number.
    I love pistachios but always break my nails when I'm trying to open them.

And shelling/(deshelling?) pistachios etc. could be therapeutic, I suppose.
    I'd be intrigued to hear a less harmless compulsion.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭wallyMe

She's only practicing as she's going to slice your nuts in half OP. Be afraid, be very afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Also does 21 views and 21 posts mean that everyone who has read the thread has posted in it? That's much more odd...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭thiarfearr

Hopefully she realises who you are and sees all your weird posts on boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

If you applied those criteria to every thread in AH, it would be a barren wasteland

Some people spend too much time trying to backseat mod you see, that and they spend too much time on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,165 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Ficheall wrote: »
    Also does 21 views and 21 posts mean that everyone who has read the thread has posted in it? That's much more odd...

All the new posts have equal views and posts, except now I have looked and not posted they are one ahead for views over posts. I will continue sleuthing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Wonder if they're fairtrade....

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Mick ah

Ficheall wrote: »

Suppose I'll have to post to keep this up.

OP, enjoy the nuts, free food is free food

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

I've posted now as well.

OP enjoy the nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭thiarfearr

Its just shot up to 960 views

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

Swap out a shelled pack with a deshelled pack and see what happens.

Advertisement