Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else feel strongly about MLM in Ireland?

Options
  • 05-05-2013 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4CM-nIBoo0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

used to with for one of these companies. recently I have seen them stretch to new lows and I feel it's time something ess actually done about it.

any recommendations on a course of action?

just go on jobs.ie to see for yourself. vague job descriptions, no wages, training offered. it's a plague.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

What is it firstly, too lazy to click into the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Yeah and why are you pointing us to a whole episode of Penn & Teller?! Although they are awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

What is it firstly, too lazy to click into the link.

a humorous look at a serious problem. how door to door sales companies exploit their staff. these companies are everywhere and are practically pyramid schemes

Yeah and why are you pointing us to a whole episode of Penn & Teller?! Although they are awesome :D

hahaha mainly because people will laugh there ass off at the silly Americans before, realising its happening here. I was caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Great episode :P

I think this spot on the video sums up your point best of this poor bast*rd trying to sell that health juice. [possibly a better link than the other one because those opening seconds are very NSFW :)]

I didn't realise this was going on too much in Ireland, in fact the only companies I can think of related to it are Avon and Kleeneze, is it really a big problem?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

can we get a translator in for the OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I think funniest thing about this show is that the same network make the amazing show homeland and they also make this BS

herbalife do this 'buy your own stock' approach. but there are countless direct marketing companies in Ireland. Paralympics badges, home security, electricity, tv providers...all use the recruitment idea...and exploit their 'employees'.

the parallels between this show and what's going on here these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I'd clean toilets for free for the rest of my days rather than put myself through that again.

Stay away. No matter how badly you need a job, there's more dignity on the dole than this ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,414 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Highly entertaining video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

This is kind of how Lyoness works right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

MLM is a scam and none of that hard sell influences me.
    But for some strange reason right now I would love a can of Zrii with some bratwurst and watch some women lick themselves while waving dildos about.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

MLM's???

I like the chocolate ones but not the peanut ones

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Mary Lou McDonald?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement