Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Full Tilt Poker

• 26-04-2013 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

I was considering signing up to full tilt poker as I prefer their interface more than other sites.

I know they went through sone legal difficulties over the last couple of years, so could anybody advise if my deposits would be safe and if it is easy to withdraw funds from the account also (and any associated terms for withdrawl)?

It's my first time lodging money with a poker site, so any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

yes, they are owned by poker stars now.

May need to provide id for a withdrawal, but i think that is standard.
    Ive not played there in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I play there the odd time, it's a legitimate website. I like the layout of it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

yes full tilt is now safe as its owned by pokerstars which are now reputable. i play on stars and can transfer funds between the 2 sites and withdraw's take a standard 3-5 back into your account. if your looking for weak players then stars as full tilt is full of reg's. or play on an ipoker site such as paddypower,boyles,titan. pretty good too and full of fish at the mircos when played at the right time

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Realtivity

I play FT all the time. I still have an account with PokerStars but I never play there.

You can move funds back and forth between both sites. In April I made a withdrawal from FT and it was processed with no problems at all.

IMO - FT is a much better site. because:

- Tournament structures are way better. PS have gone more and more turbo in recent years so most tnys are about 15 mins of play then it's shove or fold.

- Better freerolls if you want to build a BR that way.

- Time Bank is reasonable. PS drives me mad with it's excessively long decision times compared to all other site. Crazy when the focus is more and more on Turbo structures.

- Hand Histories. FT make it really difficult to harvest HH data so online tools (in the hands of yor opponents) are less effective. On PS harvesting hands is so easy everyone seems to be using Poker Tracker or such like.

- Smaller Community - PS tournaments usually end up with enormous fields. On FT you have a better chance of cashing.

The one thing PS has going for it is that the software is superb but this on it's own is not enough for me. FT software is ok (if you get rid of the silly badges and avatars). It certainly beats Paddy Power's (ipoker) which is appalling.

Advertisement