If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact

Teachers : Work and Travel America

  • 24-04-2013 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

    I am in my final year of an education degree. I want to move to the US for a year on the WORK AND TRAVEL visa, which requires you to work within your field of study.
    However, you are not allowed to work as a trainer, coach or teacher.

    I would be more than happy to work in bar work or a restaurant kind of thing for the year but I think this is not allowed on the visa.

    Has any on as a teacher made the trip for the year and how did ye get around employment issue etc? Are there any agencies that could help etc?

    I am a Design Technology Teacher if that's any help!

    Thank you!