Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Securewatch sw1070 need to clear open zone

Options
  • 23-04-2013 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi all,

I had tilers in working on the bathroom the other day, and they seem to have cause a bathroom sensor fault on the alarm. It's saying open input on Z008 and tamper alert on T008(both are referring to the same bathroom sensor).

I opened the bathroom sensor and the wiring look fine.
    I have the engineer code, but I don't know how to clear the fault and as a result I can't set the alarm. I don't want to inhibit the sensor, as I would like to solve the root cause.

I downloaded the manager manual, but don't see anything about clearing alerts?
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    pan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Looks like a damages cable. The damaged part is probably under the new tiles at this stage.

With a bit of luck there might be a good pair within the cable so you could try meter out the entire cable and see what's working.

The other option is to disregard that zone completely and install a wireless sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Verbatim12

Hi,
    I have a slightly similar problem but have not had any decorators etc in the house....the problem just seemed to happen for no apparent reason....
    Tried setting my alarm today and got a message saying 'Z2 back windows' and when I try to set the alarm it says 'back windows open'. All the windows are closed, and the sensors seem to be clean .......any ideas what the problem might be?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is this a wired or wireless device?
    You have also posted here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84315248#post84315248
    Please do not post multiple times on the same subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭pan

sometimes with magnetic contacts the switch might get stuck in an open position and if you give each sensor a tap it solves the problem.
    If that doesn't work or if it happens again then you most likely have a faulty sensor. You would have to open them one by one and bypass the sensor by shorting the cables until you find the faulty one then replace it.

Hi John,

I've opened my wired sensor(both magnetic and tamper sensors in one device) and there are lots of wires, I need to double check again, but if the tamper has two wired going to them, then I should simple short these, right? And again with magnetic if one two wires..I hopes it not more than two too sensor!!
    Thanks
    pan

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

Hi pan
    Since you have both tamper and sensor showing open I'd say in your case they have cut the wire just like fred mentioned already.
    Disconnect all the wires in sensor and short them all together.
    Enter engineer mode, service menu, walk test zones, zone 8
    go to control panel and remove wires from zone 8 and try various different colors across zone 8 tamper circuit. If any of them are still in tact you will get a beep or internal siren will sound because circuit will close.
    If nothing happens then wire is cut through and you will have to dig it out and repair it.

• Advertisement

Hi pan

go to control panel and remove wires from zone 8 and try various different colors across zone 8 tamper circuit. If any of them are still in tact you will get a beep or internal siren will sound because circuit will close.

Thanks for the help, could you clarify this sentence please.
    Do you mean to go panel where all the cabling terminates or the keypad control panel(where you set the alarm) and remove wires through the menu?

Thanks again, I'll test later and if I'm not getting anywhere call in the engineer.
    Pan

At the keypad go into engineer mode, service menu, walk test zones, zone 8.
    First take all the colors of cables you see in the sensor, strip them and short them together - there may be as many as 12 if you have 2 x 6 core cables.

The control panel is where all the cables terminate, not the keypad.
    In the control panel you will see wires going in to terminals marked zone 8. 2 colors for alarm circuit and 2 for tamper circuit. Remove all the colors plus strip any other colors belonging to the same cable.
    Now select 2 colors and insert them into the terminals marked tamper for zone 8 then remove them. If you get a beep or internal siren sounds you have identified a good circuit with those colors still intact so you may be able to use them to get you up and running again. You only need 2 good colors for the alarm circuit to work as you can live without the tamper circuit if needs be.

thank john,
    after testing, my cable has three pairs and all appear cut. I pull the cable out of the wall as much as i could but couldn't find the cut in the cable. i'll have to get the engineer out to put in a wireless sensor now.

In the mean time, on the control panel under zone 8 I have looped a small piece of wired to close the circuit, which took the "fault" alarm off the keypad and now allow me to set the alarm as normal.

thanks again for the help.
    pan

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Get the cable fully checked before going for the wireless option. You may be able to switch pairs if it's a damaged strand at just one point. Start with the cable coming from the panel and work on from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Think tank 1

Hi. I'm only new to this. I have a hkc 1070 wireless system. It won't set. Comms fault is coming up on the panel. It says zone 11 is faulty. No connection. It is a pir sensor in the kitchen. Zone 11.. How do I remove it from the system via control panel. I have the engineer code.. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi it could be bad battery in the device but if you wish to remove it go to Devices Menu, RF Devices, Remove Devices and then press next till you see the device and press yes twice then hit quit till you see exit engineer and press yes

Hi. Thanks.. It did the trick. I have an other problem now if you can help..before you gave me the advice. I had been pressing buttons. Lol. All the exits are working when I did a test. . internal siren. Flashing lights and exterior bell box Except the hall door is just flashing light. Internal siren but not outside bell box.. I obviously adjusted something.. Thanks for your help..

thats normal, if you activate alarm on front door it logs as an entry fault and will start inside but it won't start to ring on the outside for a further 20 seconds.

Hi.. Thanks again.. Never noticed the delay in the exterior bell activating before.. Now I noticed something else.. If I set the alarm.,and turn off the power from the mains Esb box to simulate a power cut and activate the alarm. Interior siren activities. Nothing outside . not even a light . It is a wired bell box. Is there a separate backup battery in the bell box outside.? Thanks again for all your help.

Hi is there a light on the external siren the whole time? does it disappear when you cut the mains? if thats the case its possible you have a wireless bell that is powered off a 12v power supply but no backup battery.

Hi. Yes. The light is on all the time,goes off when mains is turned off. It is wired in the bedroom socket, wire going out through the wall to the box. Would it be possible/difficult to put a back up battery in it?..Thanks again..

PS. There is a black box in in line . on the way to the exterior siren/ bell box. I assume 12v transformer.

you would have to put the backup battery in the bell itself, you can get those in electrical wholesalers

Advertisement