Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you earn?

Options
  • 15-04-2013 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

There is a daily vlog on You Tube by a couple from Ireland. They have 80+ thousand subscribers and they release a video every day which has 30-40k views.

I presume they earn from Ads but how much would YouTube pay them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

inb4 three fiddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Think It's like a euro per thousand so not much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Not much I reckon, 40,000 isnt that much in youtube terms when you see other videos in the millions and having hundreds of thousands of subscribers.

Not enough to live on but enough to buy the fancy beers at the weekend, I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Depends on adds as well I do remember the rubber bandits said that they got 1€ for every thousand....in the states it's from .50$ to 5:00$ per thousand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Think It's like a euro per thousand so not much.

Well I think they earn their living from it. They have other channels as well though.

Don't know how to link but

LeFloof tv ( search on YouTube)

Surely if you have 40k daily views then that's gotta be decent money. I'm sure there is tv shows on during the day that don't have those figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

Type their username into www.socialblade.com and then it shows the minimum or maximum they would make a day/year depending on the views and subs they get

heres the top 100 users in Ireland - http://socialblade.com/youtube/top/100ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

TheBrinch wrote: »
    Type there username into www.socialblade.com and then it shows the minimum or maximum they would make a day/year depending on the views and subs they get

heres the top 100 users in Ireland - http://socialblade.com/youtube/top/100ie

Ah ha, they also have the Style Diet with 186000 subscribers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

He has his own company too. As far as I know it is based in the states.

These are the guys op is on about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Get someone to manage your account, it's content and copyright. Otherwidse youtube will just treat you like shit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

SV wrote: »
    inb4 three fiddy

Funny thing.... the higher end of the youtube scale is estimated to be $3.50 (ish). At 40,000 views they'd probably get $2.50 for every 1000. I remember hearing a stat of $50, but only after 20,000 views and $2.50 for every 1000 after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

squod wrote: »
    Get someone to manage your account, it's content and copyright. Otherwidse youtube will just treat you like shit.

Bad experience ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Minimum of $2 per 1,000 views. So at least $80 if that's the rate they're on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

How much did Psy get for Gangnam Style? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Psy earns about $47,000 a day from YouTube

Advertisement