Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Yeah, today just sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I think today would be much more bearable without the attention seeking pricks on Facebook.

And I'm not talking about the people in relationships. Because as in your face as some of the "Look how happy we are!" stuff is, it pales in comparison for me to the "I'm so lonely :(" sh*tehawkery. Seriously, piss off. We all have problems we have to deal with, grow up and deal with them rather than posting sh*t on Facebook in the hopes of a slew of "Awwwww, u k hun?" posts.

Seriously, Valentine's Day is rapidly turning into a "I'm single, so I'm going to make everyone who's in a happy relationship feel sh*tty for being happy!" deal these past few years.

And I say this as an ostensibly lonely person, I'm just getting increasingly annoyed with the begrudgery tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Valentines is just another day.
    The people on Facebook who clutter up the news feed with relationship stuff today do so every other day of the year. It's like they need other people to know they have a SO to feel validated.

Being single on Valentine's has never really bothered me. Although I don't really bother with other people in general.
    Emotional detachment for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Ya ive really tried to stay away from FB but being so bored ive just ended up scrolling and scrolling kinda like stabbing myself a little more each time i did it. ended up blocking a few posts as i new id have bad impressions of some friends. But i tried to be positive in my post such as saying i may be single but some people in my life are worth every petal and show the bunch of flowers i got for the special person in my life(no not my car)

I think whats making all this worse is this being bi thing. Im not ugly im not the best good looking either but i cant get either sex out on a date. and having people compliment me over and over its like if i was this good looking as you say why havent you asked me out(dont worry i do ask them out too depending on how the convo goes usually get rejected) Theres only so many arrows i can take but everyone expects me to hold my head high carry on as if nothing ever happened. unfortunately thats not how this works. The more arrows i take and the more pressure thats applied something has to give.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Jhcx wrote: »
    Ya ive really tried to stay away from FB but being so bored ive just ended up scrolling and scrolling kinda like stabbing myself a little more each time i did it. ended up blocking a few posts as i new id have bad impressions of some friends. But i tried to be positive in my post such as saying i may be single but some people in my life are worth every petal and show the bunch of flowers i got for the special person in my life(no not my car)

I think whats making all this worse is this being bi thing. Im not ugly im not the best good looking either but i cant get either sex out on a date. and having people compliment me over and over its like if i was this good looking as you say why havent you asked me out(dont worry i do ask them out too depending on how the convo goes usually get rejected) Theres only so many arrows i can take but everyone expects me to hold my head high carry on as if nothing ever happened. unfortunately thats not how this works. The more arrows i take and the more pressure thats applied something has to give.
    Well being physically attractive shouldn't be all you're relying on to attract people to you. Maybe you're trying too hard.

• Advertisement

na i never rely on looks. but ya your prolly right. back to my rock for awhile plenty of vodka here

I ran into the guy I split up with less than two weeks ago yesterday. You can guess how my emotions went.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I just broke Lent...... so bad. I stumbled acorss a cooking competition in the college where they had free food, and like what sane student is going to turn down as much free food as possible.....and now Im so full Im going to explode

And to top it all off I have a ball tomorrow (whoop whoop), so yay for my massive sticky out belly in photos :P

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

Do you ever feel like you've dodged a bullet but somehow managed to trip and fall and impale yourself on a large knife in the process?

The Denmark version of the CAO closes today.

The site is down for maintenance.

Poo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I get hurt by one of my friends a lot more than I'd care to admit. Asked her to message me when she came into campus today, only to walk out of my apartment and find her car parked there and no message. It's ****ty constantly being the backup friend and the afterthought to someone you actually care about.

It's been a while since I've done a yaaah-argh double post, but for the first time in my life I don't have something lined up to do long term, and it's bloody petrifying.

Submitted a job application yesterday, and I'm not sure whether I'm more nervous of getting it or not getting.

Scared of getting it because I have pretty bad impostor syndrome, scared of not getting it because then what do I do.

I don't like this so-called "real world".

Oh, and people on Facebook are twats. Never expect a large group of people to act like adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Oh, and people on Facebook are twats. Never expect a large group of people to act like adults.

You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The only reasons I'm still on Facebook are for access to photographs and for messaging people. It shows the worst/most inane side of people you think you like.

I have an assignment due this week that is utterly pointless and was poorly explained to us, and I have no time to get it done well. >_<

I was reading something the other day about people like me my sort of personality and it brought up politics. Tbf anyone who knows me knows I strongly dislike them dispise them. But it kept mentioning it in the post and I realised no matter how hard I try and avoid them I'm going to be sucked into them going to probably end up on some board because that's how cruel the world is. Even posted something to FB that said in 10yrs I'd write just had lunch with Barack Obama. Even not true I just have that gut feeling I'm going to end up doing a u turn and getting into politics probably based on a cause that I'd die for.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Took some Nurofen for a cold/flu earlier and instantly felt better. The effects are starting to wear off again now. >_< Stupid man flu.

An File wrote: »
    Took some Nurofen for a cold/flu earlier and instantly felt better. The effects are starting to wear off again now. >_< Stupid man flu.

If Nurofen doesn't fix it, then you really are sick. :pac:

I still can't speak from the weekend.

In January, all my housemates had planned on staying the summer.

1 is already gone.

2 are moving out at the weekend.

The other is moving out at the end of June.

Shower of bastards.

I've basically been living on my own for the last two weeks. Feels weird.

• Advertisement

I've basically been living on my own for the last two weeks. Feels weird.

Oh I love the thought of living alone, it's just I'll be living alone in a house where I don't have access to 4 of the rooms, and that just annoys me. :P

Oh I love the thought of living alone, it's just I'll be living alone in a house where I don't have access to 4 of the rooms, and that just annoys me. :P

Similar situation to me, so! I can open the bathroom and my bedroom, but the other 3 doors off the landing have been locked for a fortnight! :P

Similar situation to me, so! I can open the bathroom and my bedroom, but the other 3 doors off the landing have been locked for a fortnight! :P

It's an incredibly weird feeling. Like, I've no use for those rooms, but it's the fact they're locked away that makes them so mysterious and alluring. :P

F*ck hayfever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

picked up mono, no more kissing grimy looking women for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

picked up mono, no more kissing grimy looking women for a while

WELLLLLLL SORRRRRRRRRRY! Youre no picnic yourself!

:pac::pac::pac:

I wish there wasn't as much Leaving Cert coverage in the media as there is.

I get very squirmy and nervous whenever I hear it because it brings back such bad memories. And it's been six years. :(

I wish there wasn't as much Leaving Cert coverage in the media as there is.

I get very squirmy and nervous whenever I hear it because it brings back such bad memories. And it's been six years. :(

I actually haven't heard much about it. Kinda surprised. But I don't watch the local news or listen to radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Went out with my friends last night having not drank in about a month, and I have had a serious case of the blues all day and I got really down last night as well. I don't think drinking suits me but I don't feel like comfortable enough going out without drink sometimes which I hate to admit but it is what it is.

• Advertisement

My exam results are sitting in an envelope at home, but I've to wait till 4pm to get them

Advertisement