Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP thread for people involved in film

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭p to the e

Blackie Dammett. Most notable role was the opening scene in "Lethal Weapon". Also known as the father of Anthony Kleidis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackie_Dammett

blackie-dammett-64bc9489-58e7-4042-8338-bcfdb178226-resize-750.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Neil Connery died on the 10th of May aged 83.

The younger brother of Sean starred in a few spoof movies on Bond.

Operation Kid Brother comes to mind

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,076 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Charles Grodin has died:

https://twitter.com/nytimesarts/status/1394706278472110080?s=21

Well-known for several films, but gotta say his incredibly funny performance in The Heartbreak Kid is god-tier. Truly one of the best performances I’ve ever seen in a comedy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Ah no :( Loved Midnight Run. And with Yaphet Kotto only recently gone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Great as the father in Beethoven and Beethoven's 2nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Clifford's a great movie for anyone who hasn't seen it. A childhood favorite of mine. Definitely one of the most bizzare PG rated movies you'll see.

He has a great cameo in So I married an Axe Murderer along with the great Phil Hartman.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

quickbeam wrote: »
    Ah no :( Loved Midnight Run. And with Yaphet Kotto only recently gone too.

Ah crap. Really sad to hear that. :(
    I Just re-watched it recently after Yaphet Kotto passed away. What a great movie. One of the best of the 80's

RIP Charles.
    This film was packed with brilliant performances. But he was the stand out for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,267 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭KurtVon

Zeek12 wrote: »
    His performance in Blue Collar is top notch. I actually avoided the film for years even as a big fan of most of the participants, thinking it was some kind of silly Pryor vehicle with bad laughs. How wrong I was. It totally stands the test of time.
    A fantastic film.

I wouldn't swap my Dvd of that movie for anything.

I hadn’t realised that Yaphet Kotto had died. I liked him in “Alien” and “Live and Let Die”, but I agree that “Blue Collar” is a great movie. I’m not sure if anyone makes that kind of film these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭MfMan

Passed away at the start of this year, Gregory Sierra, film and TV supporting man. Amongst other roles, he played a convict on the run in Papillon, a barman in The Towering Inferno, a doomed priest in John Carpenter's Vampires etc.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0797268/?ref_=tt_cl_t13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,589 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Robert Hall, director of the wonderful Laid to Rest and the not so wonderful Laid to Rest 2 has apparently died aged 47. He also did effects work on Pineapple Express, Teen Wolf the series and the Terminator series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭frash

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-57252369

Samuel E Wright, best known for voicing Sebastian the crab in Disney's The Little Mermaid, has died at 74

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Kevin Clark, drummer in ‘School of Rock,’ hit and killed by driver while biking in Avondale . RIP

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/2021/5/26/22454359/kevin-clark-dies-school-of-rock-crash-avondale-western-chicago

• Registered Users Posts: 40,089 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Gavin McCloud, who played Moriarty in Kellys heroes, has died at the age of 90.

10818-10189.jpg

Singer B.J Thomas died aged 78 a 5 time Grammy winner

Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,877 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Um, I thought he'd be older.

Joe Lara has died aged 58 in a plane crash along with his wife and 5 other people, RIP.

He starred in a lot of B Movies in the 90's and early 00's however is probably best know for playing Tarzan on TV in Tarzan: The Epic Adventures in the mid 90's

10818-10189.jpg

"Negative waves Moriarty"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,696 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

10818-10189.jpg

Jaysus he was in great shape for 90

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

10818-10189.jpg

Also star in Love Boat !

• Advertisement

Buddy Van Horn has died aged 92 RIP.

He was Clint Eastwood’s Stunt Double and director of Eastwood's Any Which Way You Can, The Dead Pool and Pink Cadillac.

https://deadline.com/2021/05/buddy-van-horn-dead-any-which-way-you-can-the-dead-pool-director-clint-eastwoods-stunt-double-was-82-1234766821/

• Registered Users Posts: 84,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

345973.jpg

Ned Beatty has died, aged 83. News coming in just now.

Had a very prolific career, from appearing in the the dark and disturbing Deliverance, all the way up to playing Lotso the toy bear in Toy Story 3.

RIP. A genuinely wonderful actor.

https://www.thewrap.com/ned-beatty-prolific-superman-and-network-character-actor-dies-at-83/

RIP but I thought he was already dead :o I remember him most from the tv show Homicide Life on the Street

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Recliner

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RIP but I thought he was already dead :o I remember him most from the tv show Homicide Life on the Street

Wow, I only watched Deliverance one. Literally couldn't stomach it a second time.
    Excellent performances all round, but such a disturbing film.

Hear My Song as Irish Tenor Josef Locke

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Lotso bear was such an iconic villain

Deliverance a very disturbing story

Rip Mr Beatty

Brave man accepting that role in Deliverance back then. Nothing remotely like that had been near the big screen before.

Of Irish descent wasn't he?

Loved his Superman role.
    Lotso bear was such an iconic villain

Deliverance a very disturbing story

Rip Mr Beatty

Surely should have played Hamm in toy story :o

• Registered Users Posts: 84,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gone Girl actor Lisa Banes died 10 days after being injured in a hit-and-run accident in New York City, police said.

Banes, 65, who was struck by a scooter or motorcycle while crossing a street on June 4, died on Monday at Mount Sinai Morningside Hospital, a police department spokesperson said.

Banes appeared in numerous television shows and movies, including Gone Girl in 2014 and Cocktail with Tom Cruise in 1988.

On television, she had roles on Nashville, Madam Secretary, Masters Of Sex and NCIS.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Gone Girl actor Lisa Banes died 10 days after being injured in a hit-and-run accident in New York City, police said.

Banes, 65, who was struck by a scooter or motorcycle while crossing a street on June 4, died on Monday at Mount Sinai Morningside Hospital, a police department spokesperson said.

Banes appeared in numerous television shows and movies, including Gone Girl in 2014 and Cocktail with Tom Cruise in 1988.

On television, she had roles on Nashville, Madam Secretary, Masters Of Sex and NCIS.

Sad. Played Rosamund Pike's snobbish mother in Gone Girl I think.

Advertisement