Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC lag

Options
  • 22-03-2013 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Does anyone know what the problem is here. Recently I have been experiencing lag after playing games for a few minutes. The first few minutes are grand but then after that I start getting some extreme lag. I recently flipped my power supply to make it stop making noise(Its a corsair so it suffers from coil whine) and installed origin and start playing battlefield 3(this is where I first noticed the lag). I think the problem might be heat related but even when I'm playing battlefield I only get around 60 degrees on my gpu.

Heres my specs,
    - i7 3770k
    - geforce 670
    - asus p8z77-v lx
    - 8gb ram

Any feedback would be appreciated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Lag as in FPS dips or the whole PC slowing down ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ViperHiggins

Deano12345 wrote: »
    Lag as in FPS dips or the whole PC slowing down ?

As in fps dips

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Make sure your drivers are correct and up to date also make sure the fans in the case are venting correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I recently flipped my power supply to make it stop making noise

Did you obstruct the intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

As in fps dips

how are the CPU temps ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 ViperHiggins

My cpu temps stay around 30 - 40 and my gpu gets upto about 70 at the most. I've installed evga precision and some of the features that come along with that have proved to be useful but I still suffer some lag after 1 game. Ive installed all new drivers aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

What do you mean by flip by your psu?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I assume he means turned it upside down, though I'm not sure how that contributes to coil whine. Also, OP, are you sure it's your PSU and not your GPU? My 670 whines like a mother****er under light 3D load.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

A lot of the corsairs whine AFAIK, my CX430 whines like a mofo on boot, once the OS loads its fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

My PSU was also the same under load until I upgraded the fans inside the PC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement