Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camden Crawl 2013

Options
  • 22-03-2013 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭

Well I think No ceremony counts as news thanks to treescape for that.. so time for a brand new camden crawl thread.
    A much stronger line up than last year and as well as the aforementioned legends, welsh math rockers gallops will also surely provide an explosive gig.
    Again have no idea who half these bands are but looking forward to finding out.
    Post your tasty tidbits of relevant info right here in this thread!

http://www.camdencrawldublin.com/line-up

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Actually I'm going to open this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Cheers gonzo..well I wanna watch the best of these bands,competing timeslots and short as well, packed pubs. need to have your wits about ya
    Any venue info? no cermony and gallops are two certs so far.
    Watching this gallops video awesome stuff..The audience are a bit clueless though.

I'll be up there that weekend for Alt-J, so hopefully I can get to see No Ceremony/// on the Friday or Saturday. I have to be back for John Grant and Phosphorescent on the Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

main acts i want to see at the moment:
    Holy Other
    Darkstar
    No Ceremony///
    Toby Kaar
    WIFE

still have loads to check out though...

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Tree Scape

Echo and the Bunnymen
    That'll do for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I'll be there on the Saturday. Any up and coming bands worth checking out that night?

MIRACLE BELL they are quite useful but they are up and coming a while at this stage..Most of those names on the list are foreign to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Soil Creep sound quite good. Stumbling upon bands is always quite fun though.

venue breakdowns:
    qg6RfIb.png

• Advertisement

Had planned on heading in on the Saturday but something came up..bit pissed at missing gallops.. so what was verdict overall ? no cermony //live up to the hype?Any surprise acts to keep an eye out for in the future?

I didn't manage to get to NO CEREMONY/// All I got to was Adultrock and Pvt on the Saturday night in Sweeneys. Good night, busy weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MaxwellsHammer

So was Camden Crawl any good? Love The Black Lips and Big Deal so would have loved to have been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Epicness

So was Camden Crawl any good? Love The Black Lips and Big Deal so would have loved to have been there.

Not what I expected, but fun. Good irish bands there but a poor enough lineup overall, compared to a similar festival like the Great Escape. Echo and the Bunnymen were unreal!
    Probably better if I had friends there. Most of the people I talked to didn't seem too friendly and it was clear I was on my own like

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Tree Scape

I was at NO CEREMONY/// and they certainly lived up to my expectations, v few people though there which was a surprise to me. Also caught Ships and O Emperor that night and a greta band The Notas in the Globe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I went both days and saw 8 or 9 acts. I wouldn't have paid full whack for it, but I think it's a good idea. They need to reform the ticket prices though

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MaxwellsHammer

Epicness wrote: »
    Not what I expected, but fun. Good irish bands there but a poor enough lineup overall, compared to a similar festival like the Great Escape. Echo and the Bunnymen were unreal!
    Probably better if I had friends there. Most of the people I talked to didn't seem too friendly and it was clear I was on my own like

What was the deal with the opening night? Were Black Lips, Big Deal etc. not included as part of the regular ticket? Love Black Lips I have to say and thought them and Lanterns on the Lake were great announcements. Some of the Dublin festivals (such as Hard Working Class Heroes) do start to take some of the gloss off of the chance to see lots of Irish bands at the same time I suppose simply as it's not anything new anymore I suppose :(

Advertisement