Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Swimming.

• 17-03-2013 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,580 ✭✭✭✭

Which swimmer won the most individual gold medals before Michael Phelps broke that record in 2008.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

walshb wrote: »
    Which swimmer won the most individual gold medals before Michael Phelps broke that record in 2008.

Olympic medals I presume. Got to be Mark Spitz surely....7 at one Games in Munich and 2 others...9 in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,580 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Dan man wrote: »
    Olympic medals I presume. Got to be Mark Spitz surely....7 at one Games in Munich and 2 others...9 in total.

No! And yes, Olympic Gold medals is the question.

Ah, you said individual golds.... I have no idea then :confused:
    Don't think it's the Thorpedo as I remember him winning a couple of relay events amongst his golds.

Light bulb....Kristina Egerzegi of Hungary!!...is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,580 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Dan man wrote: »
    Ah, you said individual golds.... I have no idea then :confused:
    Don't think it's the Thorpedo as I remember him winning a couple of relay events amongst his golds.

Light bulb....Kristina Egerzegi of Hungary!!...is that right?

Yes, Krisztina. Most folks for whatever reason assume it's a male. I never specified the gender. Well done. I followed her through 3 games. Excellent back-stroker!

Yes, Krisztina. Most folks for whatever reason assume it's a male. I never specified the gender. Well done. I followed her through 3 games. Excellent back-stroker!

She is a legend of swimming. I remember watching her in Atlanta though Barcelona was her finest Olympics. Great athlete.

• Advertisement
Advertisement