Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bates Motel [A&E - US] *Spoilers!*

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Stevecw wrote: »
    Watched 1st 3 series of this a couple of years ago. Totally forgot about it since...but loved it at the time. Does it get better/worse, is it worth watching the next few?
    it's a class one. Watch again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Stevecw wrote: »
    Watched 1st 3 series of this a couple of years ago. Totally forgot about it since...but loved it at the time. Does it get better/worse, is it worth watching the next few?

For me, Seasons 4 and 5 (to date) have been two of the best. Season 5 is the final season so it's not one of those shows that is dragged out for too many seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm sad that this is ending , But glad also that it isn't being dragged out probably the best show on TV at the moment and definitely doesn't have the fan base it deserves

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another great episode this week I also love that I have no idea how it will end.

How is Dr. Edwards dead a year when Norman bumped him a couple of episodes ago ? Or was that meeting a fantasy ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    How is Dr. Edwards dead a year when Norman bumped him a couple of episodes ago ? Or was that meeting a fantasy ?

I presume it was another figment of Normans imagination. I know the scene was not real but when Norma slapped Norman I could have cheered. He has been asking for a slap for a LONG time :):):)

I have no idea where the final 3 episodes are going to go though. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

As it goes on I feel more sympathetic to Norman. He's struggling hard with his madness in the last few episodes but its getting the better of him.

Freddie Highmore has been great throughout but is really coming into his own this season. I don't follow awards and such but if he hasn't been nominated and/or won something for this show it would be a shame.

Vera Farmiga is fantastic as his mother. And she's smoking hot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

I'm binging on Season 4 on Netflix because I've seen the final Season is being shown on Universal from Wednesday. I'm torn whether to watch it or record it, to watch the complete thing when it's finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

gizmo81 wrote: »
    I'm binging on Season 4 on Netflix because I've seen the final Season is being shown on Universal from Wednesday. I'm torn whether to watch it or record it, to watch the complete thing when it's finished.

Im thinking the same as you and last year I tried to hold on to the episodes and binge watch them when the series ended but I wasn't able to and had to give in and watch every week!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Yeh I don't know if I have the will power.

But I watch most things on Netflix these days so when I record something off TV I find fast forwarding the ads makes me lose interest.
    Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Im thinking the same as you and last year I tried to hold on to the episodes and binge watch them when the series ended but I wasn't able to and had to give in and watch every week!

• Advertisement

Well I'm glad I don't have to listen to Chick's ramblings anymore.

Thought Norma was going to try and pin the murder on Dylan for a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A fantastic ending to a fantastic series.

This must be one of the most underrated and underappreciated series made in a long time.

Also loved the use of Doris Day singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

A fantastic ending to a fantastic series.

This must be one of the most underrated and underappreciated series made in a long time.

Also loved the use of Doris Day singing.

Agreed. Criminally underrated. Apart from my sister I don't know anyone who watches it. A few lulls in 5 series which is to be expected but overall superb.

Only ever seen Highmore in Finding Neverland and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory where he was a great child actor but he really came into his own in Bates Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Heckler wrote: »
    As it goes on I feel more sympathetic to Norman. He's struggling hard with his madness in the last few episodes but its getting the better of him.

Freddie Highmore has been great throughout but is really coming into his own this season. I don't follow awards and such but if he hasn't been nominated and/or won something for this show it would be a shame.

Vera Farmiga is fantastic as his mother. And she's smoking hot.

Freddie has never been nominated for a Golden Globe, SAG or Emmy which is a shame

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Arriving late to the party!

So just finished season 5, tbh I didn't like how they ended it... I understand why they ended it as they did but I would have liked some tie into the movies, I was under the impression that was the direction all along as they were revealing Norman's younger years...

It's a fine ending as a stand alone series bit I just wanted it to be tied into Psycho is all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭brian_t

Season One starts tonight on BBC One at 10.45pm (half an hour later on BBC One NI)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maik3n

brian_t wrote: »
    Season One starts tonight on BBC One at 10.45pm (half an hour later on BBC One NI)
    Dipped my toes into season 4/5 when it originally aired way back when but never actually finished it.

Actually liking it more and more now getting to see it from the very start.
    Mind you, just our luck, the full series has been taken off netflix only recently.

I'm sorely tempted to just buy it in full on Amazon. :D

Advertisement