Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC for DayZ and standalone

Options
  • 08-03-2013 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi. This is my first thread, so be gentle :P. So, DayZ is a Zombie-Apocalypse MMO, if you haven't heard of it, check it out. So anyways, I'm hearing people with crappy PC's can run it, but get lag in big cities, so can I run it with these specs? I'm fairly sure I can but just to make sure, I said I'd ask the boardies :D

AMD Athlon II X3 450
    AMD Radeon HD 7750
    8GB RAM, 1333MHz
    MSI 760GM-P21 (Pretty sure this is the name, it's something of the sort)
    Win7 Home Premium (Not that it matters)

So, anyways, is that sufficient? I'd be thinking that it was, but if someone says it can't, damn it 'cause I ordered it on Monday and I'm getting it next Monday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

The Splat wrote: »
    Hi. This is my first thread, so be gentle :P. So, DayZ is a Zombie-Apocalypse MMO, if you haven't heard of it, check it out. So anyways, I'm hearing people with crappy PC's can run it, but get lag in big cities, so can I run it with these specs? I'm fairly sure I can but just to make sure, I said I'd ask the boardies :D

AMD Athlon II X3 450
    AMD Radeon HD 7750
    8GB RAM, 1333MHz
    MSI 760GM-P21 (Pretty sure this is the name, it's something of the sort)
    Win7 Home Premium (Not that it matters)

So, anyways, is that sufficient? I'd be thinking that it was, but if someone says it can't, damn it 'cause I ordered it on Monday and I'm getting it next Monday.
    What resolution are you playing at? If it's more than 720p, it's going to chug. It's not because that rig is weak, it's because ARMA II isn't a very well optimised game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 The Splat

OK, thanks, I usually play in a window anyways, I'll probs have it in 480 or maybe 720p and have IRC or Skype in another window. Cheers!

EDIT: I am aware it's terribly optimised, one of the worst optimised games ever. Hope III isn't as bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

AIII will be even heavier if anything :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

ED E wrote: »
    AIII will be even heavier if anything :pac:

The Alpha runs around the same as Arma II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 The Splat

The Alpha runs around the same as Arma II
    It's an Alpha, they probably haven't even started optimising yet :L

• Advertisement
Advertisement