Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

N2 Speed Limit

• 20-02-2013 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

I got a summons for speeding on the N2 - speed camera photo says I was doing 118kmh when the limit was 100kmh - somewhere between MonyGorbet and Castleblayney.

I thought the N2 was 120km though? Am I wrong on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Only motorways and HQDC are ever 120kmh, so you are definitely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

duckworth wrote: »
    I got a summons for speeding on the N2 - speed camera photo says I was doing 118kmh when the limit was 100kmh - somewhere between MonyGorbet and Castleblayney.

I travel that road usually at least twice weekly, the N2 is national route & therefore 100kph. That area is a designate camera zone and is well signed for cameras and limits:

https://maps.google.ie/maps?q=Moneygorbet,+Monaghan&hl=en&ll=54.077772,-6.704407&spn=0.027696,0.084543&sll=53.3834,-8.21775&sspn=7.212009,21.643066&oq=moneygorbet&hnear=Moneygorbet,+County+Monaghan&t=m&z=14

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 66,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The N2 HQDC which is the M2 was (and is, as a motorway) 120km/h. This is many many miles away from where you wer.e

The road around/north of Castleblayney is a S2+1 and south is an S2, neither even looks like it could be 120km/h to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭duckworth

Thanks for the prompt responses guys.

This is probably not the place to ask - but is it usual to just get a district court summons without any previous notice? I thought a fine was usual first.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

For 118 in a 100 zone I would have thought defo a fine first. Is it possible the first notification never arrived, is there a large timespan between the offence and the summons?

• Advertisement
Advertisement