Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anime Dublin - The pokemon bit

Options
  • 14-02-2013 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

So, we're(those of us that somewhat run the League) are going to be running the pokemon events at anime Dublin, so I thought I'd start the buzz early.

Q - What is Anime Dublin?
    A- Its a one day anime convention held in Dublin.

Q - When and where?
    A - 6th April at Alexander Hotel Dublin

Q - What sort of pokemon things will you guys be organising?
    A - A TCG and VGC tournament. That sounds pretty basic, but there'll be a fair bit of random TCG and VGC playing as well, so.

Q - Why should I make the effort to come to this?
    A - Cos unlike league, we're going to be doing a proper tournament, with prizes!

Q - I'm intrigued, what kind of prizes?
    A - A plasma storm elite trainer box for the TCG, and something equally awesome for the VGC, that we haven't decided yet.

Q - How much will this set me back?
    A- 3 quid to enter either the VGC or TGC, or five quid for both. Awesome prizes aren't free, sadly, and we are hoping to give everyone that participares something kinda awesome. Like a rare card or something.

Q - Why should I come to this?
    A- Because its a one day event, awesome tournament we don't really get to do at league, awesome prizes, awesome pokemon banta, etc. And we're very open to new ideas, so just post them here, the facebook group, whatever.

Thanks for reading :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

I'm gonna "borrow" this and throw it up on the facebook group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

This is on this weekend, saturday, Alexander Hotel on Fenian Street, just behind Trinity College and a short walk from pearse station. Gonna be so mad pokemon banta, and cool prizes, well worth stopping by for.

Advertisement