Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Can anyone recommend a place to buy Blood and Wine?

The Microsoft Store want €20 notes for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Can anyone recommend a place to buy Blood and Wine?

The Microsoft Store want €20 notes for it.

Steam have it on sale for 8 beans. If you don't have it on your computer/laptop, the good news is that the GOTY edition is also on sale for €15 so not only do you make a massive saving, you also get to play the game again. Win win!
    I know this because I bought it for my sister to make a new addict give her something to do and she expressed a passing curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

shrewdness wrote: »
    I feel like I'm the only person who played through this and didn't like Gwent

I like the stand alone game, but can't get with it in the Witcher. The stanalone version has evolved so much, everything from the style, animations, the amount of cards, how cards work etc has been revamped numerous times since the closed beta days [where it looked a lot more like the Witcher version] - If it played more like main Gwent now, I'd definitely play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Damn got the bad ending again.
    I thought I did everything right but Ciri died and Geralt was surrounded by monsters. Now im having a hard time on this Frog Prince bullshít

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I thought I did everything right but Ciri died and Geralt was surrounded by monsters. Now im having a hard time on this Frog Princ
    e bullshít
    Ooof use spoiler tags, plenty of new users passing through here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,224 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Thargor wrote: »
    Ooof use spoiler tags, plenty of new users passing through here.

It's five years old in fairness.

noodler wrote: »
    It's five years old in fairness.

A lot of people are trying it out for the first time now because of sales, myself included. It's not hard to discuss the game openly without giving away crucial spoilers. Which is what we have been doing, just use spoiler tags - takes a second, there is a dedicated option specifically for this purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,502 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I thought I did everything right but Ciri died and Geralt was surrounded by monsters. Now im having a hard time on this Frog Prince bullshít

Re your hard time:
    Spam igni at the frog. Melts him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Yeah i googled it and beat him.
    The fight on the beach is a son of a bitch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

skerry wrote: »
    After 200+ hrs on this on Xbox for some reason I'm tempted to pick this up on Switch. Anyone here playing the Switch version, especially after coming from other platforms, how are you finding it? The thought of tipping away on this in handheld is appealing to me.

Played up to skellig on PS4 few years ago and now I have this on switch lite so handheld only. It obviously doesn't look or perform as well as the other consoles but if you expect that going in then it shouldn't be a surprise. I'm loving the pick up and play aspect of it. Graphics and performance aside it's still a great game and plays well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

On Xbox:
    Hearts and stone - 3 euro.
    Blood and wine - 8 euro.

Might just pick up hearts and stone myself as I am quite loving the main game so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,342 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

On Xbox:
    Blood and wine - 8 euro.

Might just pick up hearts and stone myself as I am quite loving the main game so far.

Absolutely do, the story is fantastic and you’ll get a very enjoyable 8-10 hours out of it. Finish that, take a break from the game and play something else, and then come back and dig into Blood and Wine because it’s like another full game in size and length.

That to me is the best way to approach the DLC in hindsight, having burnt myself out the first time around.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Steam have it on sale for 8 beans. If you don't have it on your computer/laptop, the good news is that the GOTY edition is also on sale for €15 so not only do you make a massive saving, you also get to play the game again. Win win!
    I know this because I bought it for my sister to make a new addict give her something to do and she expressed a passing curiosity.

You couldn't have given her a better present :pac:.

You couldn't have given her a better present .

I hope she realises that! At the very least, it will stop her from giving me strange looks when I randomly announce "winds howling" in public. I've had to stop quoting "run, Roach" at her when getting her to hurry up, since she watched the series and realised who Roach was (she has red hair).

On Xbox:
    Blood and wine - 8 euro.

Where are you seeing blood and wine for €8 on xbox?

I hope she realises that! At the very least, it will stop her from giving me strange looks when I randomly announce "winds howling" in public. I've had to stop quoting "run, Roach" at her when getting her to hurry up, since she watched the series and realised who Roach was (she has red hair).

Haha, I was oft quoting Gwent lines when I was playing it daily, [particularly fond of Vesemir's: "I'm too old for this s**t!" or ] have thrown a few Witcher lines [actually also Gwent lines as they do use most of the better ones] in lately too - Heading into somewhere I feel uncomfortable: "eurgh, I hate portals" or the Baron's: "Where'd I put me bloody vodka" (even though I don't drink it, just when I'm looking for anything random] :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Played up to skellig on PS4 few years ago and now I have this on switch lite so handheld only. It obviously doesn't look or perform as well as the other consoles but if you expect that going in then it shouldn't be a surprise. I'm loving the pick up and play aspect of it. Graphics and performance aside it's still a great game and plays well.

Thanks for that. I'm definitely not one of these people that expects Xbox One X performance from a Switch port. Like you said, its the portability factor that's the attraction with big games like this being ported to Switch. I've finished main game and DLC's so wondering if I'll go back in again on the Switch. Enjoy Skyrim on it but I never really played much of that on the Xbox so its new enough to me. Hardcopy looks nice on Switch with the map and compendium etc though so I'm still tempted. And it's such a big game I reckon I'll definitely stumble on quests I missed in previous playthrough. Did I just convince myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Haha, I was oft quoting Gwent lines when I was playing it daily, [particularly fond of Vesemir's: "I'm too old for this s**t!" or ] have thrown a few Witcher lines [actually also Gwent lines as they do use most of the better ones] in lately too - Heading into somewhere I feel uncomfortable: "eurgh, I hate portals" or the Baron's: "Where'd I put me bloody vodka" (even though I don't drink it, just when I'm looking for anything random] :D
    "Winds Howling" or "Wanna hear a limerick? [Insert Name x2] what a pr!ck" usually go down well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Dont miss Blood and Wine whatever you do, or make the mistake of thinking its a short story like Hearts of Stone, its practically the Witcher IV, easily the best DLC ever released.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

"winds howling" in public.

Thank god I'm not the only one that does this! especially when walking in the local woods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I modded those lines out. The fight ones were terrible

B&W dropped to €8 on the store now.

Delighted I waited a few days before I pulled the trigger.

Thats the weekend sorted now once the wife passes out on the couch

I modded those lines out. The fight ones were terrible

You're missing out on some of the funniest parts of the game.

In other news, the plan is working. My sister downloaded it yesterday, and is already 9 hours in. She messaged me all excited last night because she found the woman with the frying pan. Success!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Thargor wrote:
    Dont miss Blood and Wine whatever you do, or make the mistake of thinking its a short story like Hearts of Stone, its practically the Witcher IV, easily the best DLC ever released.

Playing it now and loving it, better than the main game in a way. Hopefully finish it over the weekend and then will truly be fair in Beauclair!

HoS was just an extra few missions with a decent story but very short.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I got 20 hours out of HoS and 30 hours out of B&W
    hardly short

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Where are you seeing blood and wine for €8 on xbox?

Sorry only saw your message now.

Dashboard >> store >> deals >> xbox game specials (show all 99/+) >>

- The Witcher Complete Edition €14.99
    - The Witcher : Blood and Wine €7.99
    - The Witcher Heart of Stone €4.99

They are not together in the list. You have to scroll to find each. 4 days left on everything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I adored the base game, but for some reason still haven't finished (or even started) either of the expansions. Must get into them soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Picked this up on Switch this week. Started off on my adventure again last night, I'm way more excited than I should be considering how much time I've already put into the game on other platforms. First round of Gwent in White Orchard felt good, looking forward to loitering around more Inns playing Innkeeps as I go on. The prospect of handheld Witcher was too hard to resist. Actually looks really well on handheld, better than docked I think as small screen hides the graphical sacrifices made to get it on the Switch. Comes with a cool map, compendium and a few stickers too which was nice.

Picked up Thronebreaker again during the week too, super game, love the art style and the new take on Gwent.

Had a good session on this last night, really picking up pace now. Just passed level 21. I had a bunch of quests that were criss-crossing and I think the game got a bit confused :D A few quests lines I started wouldn't update until I quit out and started other branches
    I'm at the point after we cured Uma and now must visit all Geralt's allies to round them up to fight the hunt - But say I visit Triss, she wants me to complete tasks I skipped earlier before she'll talk about it
    - so I went through the quest where you accompany her to the ball to sneak out some guy, and after finishing went to visit Kiera who I'd also neglected for ages and after she gave me a lamp for part of her quest the game failed to update ... I was stuck with no indication where to go
    I'll figure it out, but yeah, so much to do at this stage hard to keep track

• Advertisement
Advertisement