Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

st stephen's green parking?

• 01-02-2013 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

hi sorry if this thread has been brought up before.

is there still a discount for dit students in st stephen's green?? someone told me last year it was 5 euro a day but they dont mention it on their website.. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

If you get your card punched by the porters at the Aungier street entrance you will get a discount in Qpark car parks

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭00MARTZ00

You can get it done in kevin st too. As far as i know it lasts only up to 5pm i think it goes up after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

00MARTZ00 wrote: »
    You can get it done in kevin st too. As far as i know it lasts only up to 5pm i think it goes up after that.

From a veteran user of this parking system if you want to only pay a fiver for the whole day be outta the car park before 6... Buuuut!! If you drive in and know you will be out of town by 10am the next day it's a tenner! Otherwise it is another fiver so up until six the following day of leaving your car there it will be 12 euro...

Look at it this way... Pay 5 euro to park 7am-5pm (like I do) or pay 3.40 AN HOUR in the same place... It's mental!!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

00MARTZ00 wrote: »

Sorry I forgot to mention... The pricing for car parking in the rcsi/Stephens green is 1:50 per hour... Maximum 5 euro up to 6 and then max 2 euro from 7 to 8am th next day! So 7 euro is the total you will pay if you go In to class at 9am and then end up going out until 4 in the morning and are completely sober obviously :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hachiroku

parked here once or twice recently...

if you arrive after four, and go the same day it's only two euro. never arrived before 4 and stayed until after or stayed overnight so can't comment on both of those

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Shankly88

thanks for all your help lads!! gonna start driving in tommorow generally in from 9/10 to 5 so happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Sorry to resurrect old thread, but does anybody know if this system is still in place and if so, is there a cut off point, ie five o clock?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

You need to get a special card off Q park. Just go down to them in the office on the bottom floor of the car park. You top that up with credit and avail of the student rate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    You need to get a special card off Q park. Just go down to them in the office on the bottom floor of the car park. You top that up with credit and avail of the student rate

Oh dear, I already parked and went to aungier. Thought I was supposed to get ticket 'stamped/punched' at porters office.

Ah well, live and learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Just go back to them with the ticket and they'll swap it

• Advertisement
Advertisement