Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

komplett.ie - Good/Bad?

Options
  • 01-02-2013 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Hi Guys!

This is my first thread and I didn't know where to post it... Sory!
    And offcourse hi to everybody :)

Let's get to business. I want to purchase PC components from komplett.ie with the overall cost of 940 Euro. However, I have seen bad reviews about their company... i.e poor customer contact, thet took money but did not send the package etc...

Did anybody had any experience with them?

Thanks in advance,
    Casper. :) !

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Any time I have bought from Komplett, I have always had a positive experience. Fairly reliable delivery times (can be out by a day or so).

I have no problems buying from Komplett, and would recommend them.

I was buying a Samsung Galaxy S3 from then just before xmas and they just cancelled my order at the last minute without any explanation. Put me off them permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭kapisko1PL

@derekeire, did they give you your money back?

I found another shop - eubuyer.com. They seem to have plenty of stock but read some reviews and they seem to be another sort of cr*p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Komplett were to ok to buy from 4/5 years ago then they decided to upgrade the internal systems and something went horribly wrong for them .

Not sure if this is any good to you but they have a business presence on boards

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/242

What pc components are we talking about here ?

Talking about:

Sapphire HD7950
    MSI z77 GP55
    Intel Core i5 3570K
    Crucial 8GB (2x4GB)
    Seagate 500GB 3.5''
    + case and PSU.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

hardwareversand.de is worth looking at. I haven't bought off komplett in years but I have never had a bad experience with them (it was before that balls up that was mentioned though).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I stopped using Komplett after the major hassle after system changes made there a while back. From what I hear things have drastically improved with them now. I tend to really only use elara.ie now. I don't mind paying the bit extra and have had always excellent service from them. I had to RMA a PSU back to them and due to a mis understanding on my part did the RMA incorrectly, Elara went out of their way to find the returned item with the courier and immediately sent out a new one. Good service.
    Had a disastrous experience with Scan and Dabs were pretty decent I found. Must try Hardwareversand.de next as they seem to be quite cheap

Nick

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Yeah, they're cheap, but there is a slight added hassle factor of a bank transfer and expensive delivery costs. For big orders though (> 500 euro) they are definitely worth a look.

kapisko1PL wrote: »
    @derekeire, did they give you your money back?

I found another shop - eubuyer.com. They seem to have plenty of stock but read some reviews and they seem to be another sort of cr*p.

Yes, money refunded automatically.

from what I read, komplett.ie seems good enough after your posts. Did anyone ever try scan.co.uk?

PS: I have emailed komplett.ie and they answered me in about 5 hours. At least now I know that it is not impossible to contact them :)

• Advertisement

yoyo wrote: »
    Must try Hardwareversand.de next as they seem to be quite cheap

Nick

I am afraid you will be dissapointed. The overall cost of building a computer was around 864 Euro. However, the delivery charge accounts for 23% of the value of the pack to be sent.

approx. 864 + 198 = Over 1000E for delivery + components.

Did anyone ever try scan.co.uk?

I had spent nearly €5000 with scan over a period (put together computers for people) and I only had to return one faulty item, a €10 wifi adapter. It tooks nearly three months for this return to be completed (which in the end I had to receive a cheque for the refund as they were out of stock of the item at this point). From the shipping company not picking up the item (and being told they tried to which was not true...), to finally getting the item sent back and hearing nothing (a complaint via twitter seemed to re-jig their memory after a few weeks) to then finally getting the item tested faulty and a refund. No I could not recommend them.
    It's a pity really, and possibly a once off but still I wouldn't be confident using them again

Nick

Here is the problem. I will never be, just like anybody else, sure 100% that what I paid for will be shipped to me.

I have a dilema, a big one, where to buy the PC components. www.aria.co.uk seems reasonably priced, kikatekk - best online shop in UK (based on reviews) is too dear.

Any suggestions where I can buy something from UK? Overclockers.co.uk don't have what I need in stock yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭httpete

Komplett are complete disgrace. I had to chase them for 3-4 months for a refund on a faulty laptop. I will never forget how bad the service was, non-stop excuses and until I took a small claims court complaint against them, then they coughed up within a week. They were great before they were bought out a couple of years ago, now they are not to be trusted, they are a basically a different company now just using the komplett name.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Used them before and after the system balls up, never had a problem and I think they still have free shipping. Every shop, online or not, will have bad news stories from pissed off customers.

For online component shopping in Ireland komplett is probably the cheapest although the range can be limited.

For online component shopping in Ireland komplett is probably the cheapest although the range can be limited.

I noticed :)

Anybody has any opinions on scan.co.uk? I personalized my computer there but I am afraid to buy...

I noticed :)

Anybody has any opinions on scan.co.uk? I personalized my computer there but I am afraid to buy...

I wouldn't recommend being honest. See my previous post here. In fairness Scan were great until it came to RMAing items!

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

I think Komplett are really back on the ball now. Have ordered a few bits in the last few weeks and waiting on a delivery now. Free shipping is a real plus and the fact that they have a forum here too helps. I'd recommend them any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Patrick 1

+1 to komplett, never had any major problems and the one time I returned something took about a week in total from getting it to me then back to them and the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

I've been using them for years, haven't had any problems with them so far. I get most of my stuff from Komplett, Elara, Overclockers.co.uk and Quietpc - no problems from any of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 YanisSprunks

Would advice dabs.ie over komplett they are cheaper , more reliable and deliveries are free in ireland for certain orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

Got my new build from Hardwareversand, decent saving on any other stores.
    One place that seems to get overlooked for parts a lot is Amazon, more often than not they're cheaper than anywhere else and with free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

I have used komplett but not since the system changes. Never had a problem with them.
    I have used www.overclockers.co.uk a good few times since then and generally find they
    are cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Used to deal with them years ago quite a bit, no problems. Stayed away from them after their cock-up with system changes and some questionable pricing.

Recently went back to them last year for a few orders, they were quick and efficient with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 strans

Hi All,

I've been ordering off Komplett for about 10 years at least and have noticed a decline in there customer service.

At first my old account was deleted so I lost all history of old orders which was not as bad as loosing the credit facility, just couldn't understand why they would not apply the same to the new account they setup for us, no reasonable explanation was given and we did not want to go through the application process from scratch so instead used a credit card for our orders.

Recently I wanted to buy EUR 517.00 of HDs for my work but couldn't complete the transaction as I couldn't access my account, I emailed Komplett and got a response that they are working on it, days past and nothing was done, so I emailed the same person that replied to me and still nothing!

Finally, I emailed customer services and even tried Brian on Boards.ie and not a signal reply, it seems that they couldn't care less about the business.

In any case just ordered the same parts off dabs and don't think I'll be going back to Komplett any time soon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I am afraid you will be dissapointed. The overall cost of building a computer was around 864 Euro. However, the delivery charge accounts for 23% of the value of the pack to be sent.

approx. 864 + 198 = Over 1000E for delivery + components.

HWVS.de prices are VAT inclusive and delivery is a flat €30 fee where are you getting €198 from? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I've bought a lot of stuff from Komplett.ie and even had to return stuff. It's been a very positive experience in dealing with them. But if your going to buy a whole system in one go, do it through hardwareversand. They have a better selection and it's much cheaper. I know you'll have deal with a bank transfers but, it's not all that bad. Just go down to your bank and let them sort it for you. It only takes a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CJGreenLabel

in 1996 the norwegian komplett.no was established. in 2002-2008 it had shops in UK, ireland, holland, belgium, Sweden, austria, france and germany.

The UK, German, austrian and french shops were closed down in 2008.

Komplett's Irish, dutch and belgium shops were sold to a dutch company named "Paradigit Holding B.V" in 2010

What is left of old Komplett is still big in Norway and sweden. practically owning the market in norway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

i have bought off them a few time , never had any hassle . always found them good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Komplett are okay but for customer service, piece of mind etc... I tend buy nearly everything from Amazon, cannot fault amazon at all...

Advertisement