Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Laptop RAM

Options
  • 26-01-2013 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So I've a Dell XPS L502X with 6Gb ( 1 x 4Gb and a 2Gb DDR3 RAM ), i wish i went for the 8Gb with when i got it and i was wondering is it possible for me to up grade the smaller RAM card? If anyone had a link to how i could actually do it it would be great, i know i'm sticking with the same type of memory and i know where i can get a cheap one i just need to know if i can actually change it.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭seaniefr

Capallm94 wrote: »
    So I've a Dell XPS L502X with 6Gb ( 1 x 4Gb and a 2Gb DDR3 RAM ), i wish i went for the 8Gb with when i got it and i was wondering is it possible for me to up grade the smaller RAM card? If anyone had a link to how i could actually do it it would be great, i know i'm sticking with the same type of memory and i know where i can get a cheap one i just need to know if i can actually change it.
    Thanks

Hi I got extra memory for my MacBook from MrMemory you can look them up on Trustpilot ( excellent for rating online vendors of computer parts) which is where i came across them just bought from them once no problems to report can't remember if they had a guide to changing it but they can be easily found on youtube Kompkett used to do that stuff also. Be wary of sponsored links to Far eastern sites bought a battery for the MacBook off one of those also and now has more value as a paperweight (:-)
    Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

Shop4memory.com are good based in Kildare and have super fast delivery not the cheapest around but offer free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

There should be a simple cover over the RAM slots that you take off with a screw driver, then pull out the RAM thats there and slot in the new one you get.

Youtube would have loads of videos of people doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭pelluci

This shows the complete dis-assembly of a Dell XPS L501X but says it works the same on a 502. It seems as straight forward as removing the cover on the underside and removing the memory.

Hope this helps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭smellsfunny

You don't really need more than 6GB. But if I were you I'd order the other 4GB from Dell of the same type of ram you currently have if your going to upgrade. Mixing and matching ram from different manufacturers is not a good idea! Can mess up the bios settings and might have to change clock speeds and voltages and cause blue screens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Capallm94

wow thanks this was exactly what i was looking for

Advertisement