Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying 120 Hz monitor (Iiyama G2773HS)

Options
  • 03-01-2013 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at buying an Iiyama G2773HS - I'm very impressed by the review here: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/iiyama_g2773hs.htm
    It's currently €365 on Komplett.

I've been surviving with CRTs up until now, and certainly notice the difference between 60 Hz on cheaper LCDs (with associated ghosting, etc.) compared to 85 Hz and higher. My PC is far from cutting-edge (C2Q Q6600 @ 2.7 GHz + Radeon HD 6870) so I don't think it would be able to cope with higher resolutions in games, which has put me off Catleaps and similar Korean 27" IPS stuff. I know it's not going to be able to do anything near 120 fps with new games but will still benefit from the great response times of this monitor, and I will upgrade eventually :).

Anyone have experience with these monitors, or any alternative 120 Hz diplays? I see some mentions of the Samsung SyncMaster S23A700D and SA750 in older threads but it seems harder to get now so maybe out of production? I'm not dead set on 27", and don't care about 3D either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

why are you buying 27" screen on 6870 gpu...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Erper wrote: »
    why are you buying 27" screen on 6870 gpu...

Because it's only a 1080p display?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Yeah as I said, the 2560x1440 monitors would be problematic for games and my ageing machine. My desk is deep enough to deal with a 21" CRT, so if 1080p at that size is crazy big I can just push it further back :)

I couldn't find any obviously awful feedback about this monitor so have gone ahead with the purchase and should get it in the next few days.

Advertisement