Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PC Build.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Doesn't "special item" mean it's a return i.e. box opened already? I don't know if I'd fancy that to save a couple of euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

theteal wrote: »
    Doesn't "special item" mean it's a return i.e. box opened already? I don't know if I'd fancy that to save a couple of euro

Didn't notice that thanks. changed.

Whats the story with hardwareversand and them building it where is it on there site and how much is it? do they provide a warranty or anything when they build it. that its done right.?? Looking to order a build in the next few days would you change anything else?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Nolars wrote: »
    Whats the story with hardwareversand and them building it where is it on there site and how much is it? do they provide a warranty or anything when they build it. that its done right.?? Looking to order a build in the next few days would you change anything else?

Thanks.
    Each item has an individual warranty. There is a blanket 2 year warranty. Some products have an individual warranty of more than 2 years, which I expect overrides the blanket one.

HWVS is held in high regard on this site, and indeed, by me. I have only one hour ago made my third major purchase from them; they are prompt and reliable, very good value too.

I believe they have been accommodating with members here that have had to return defective items.

They get a big thumbs up from me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Thanks.

Since when do germans offer a service if it's not being done right? :D

In fairness, they can't give any guarantee on the state of the computer when it arrives to you, as it's being handled by a courier service (who may or may not employ apes). A fully built PC is more susceptible to damage than individual components in transit, particularly if it gets thrown around.

I'd be confident it's assembled correctly when leaving HWVS. I wouldn't be as confident it'd arrive the same way.

• Advertisement

Okay cheers guys thanks for your help

Edit: The mootherboard i have above is out of stock for a while whats would be good for similar price or cheaper if possible? Thanks.

Actually, regarding the build itself; I don't like seeing money being spent unnecessarily. A budget is a budget, not a target.

I dislike the RAM argument (ah sher it's so cheap, why not). 4GB is plenty good. And depending on how media-intensive this person is, dropping the HDD to 500GB is another possibility.

Gumbi wrote: »
    Actually, regarding the build itself; I don't like seeing money being spent unnecessarily. A budget is a budget, not a target.

I dislike the RAM argument (ah sher it's so cheap, why not). 4GB is plenty good. And depending on how media-intensive this person is, dropping the HDD to 500GB is another possibility.

Dropping to 500GB is not an option this person is huge into media storage usuage bla bla. In regards to the motherboard the one i have above is not in stock for a while so what would be a good replacement for similar price.

Dropping to 500GB is not an option this person is huge into media storage usuage bla bla. In regards to the motherboard the one i have above is not in stock for a while so what would be a good replacement for similar price.

Fair enough. I stand by the RAM comment, though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You could switch it around a bit, drop the CPU to a G645 and the ram to 4GB, and then get a 2TB hard drive. Would suit a media/storage orientated person far better and is still lightning fast for those purposes.

Advertisement