Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need PC build advise.

Options
  • 19-12-2012 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi boards, a friend of my recommended asking ye about getting a new pc build, I'm a bit of a gamer but also a multimedia student so i need this for a bit of work & play. Thanks in advance. :)

1. What is your budget?
    [€800-1000]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer?
    [Gaming/3D Modelling/Internet]

(skyrim, dishonored, planetside2, firefall) basically want the games to be able to run on high setting and be able to do some online gaming too

also I'm going to use this with collage projects , I use UDK, 3ds Max, Maya, Mudbox, Unity. stuff like that.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? I have an old gaming rig but I'd like a fresh build as all the stuff in my current pc is at least 4-5 years old and can handle much these days .

here are the specs

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4rhd8p33m2KSmgxMlFyaWJlcGc

not sure if i can use any of it

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? have a samsung 42" 1920x1080i which i'd use when gaming, but for working I'll probably use a HP L1908w 19" 1440x900

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [maybe a new keyboard}

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [No]

8. How can you pay? [Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In the next 14 days, but no rush]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [have that sorted already]

Comments

Advertisement