Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MMA League 2013 Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

4 weeks to go to the League in Galway!
    If you haven't registered yet, then please get to it, this is looking like the biggest Galway leg in some time!
    You can register over on our website - http://mmaleague.com/RegisterFighter.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

4 weeks to go to the League in Galway!
    If you haven't registered yet, then please get to it, this is looking like the biggest Galway leg in some time!
    You can register over on our website - http://mmaleague.com/RegisterFighter.aspx

Hi Mark, is there a protocol for competing under a different club name later in the year? I currently train in a different gym than I had competed under in the previous events (working up the country now).

Will I register under my current gym for the upcoming event?

Thanks.

Gumbi wrote: »
    Hi Mark, is there a protocol for competing under a different club name later in the year? I currently train in a different gym than I had competed under in the previous events (working up the country now).

Will I register under my current gym for the upcoming event?

Thanks.

Register using your current Gym and that should appear on the match lists on the day. The best thing to do is to go to your League Table and click on Report a Problem, then change your club name.
    The system will then update your club on the tables when it next runs.

Register using your current Gym and that should appear on the match lists on the day. The best thing to do is to go to your League Table and click on Report a Problem, then change your club name.
    The system will then update your club on the tables when it next runs.

No bother, sound. Now to hope I don't run into a member if my previous gym so as to avoid awkwardness... Haha

Thanks.

2 Weeks to MMA League Galway - we'll soon be back where the League first started! Divisions are very busy so it is looking like being a great day, though we would expect no less from the Galway event. If you haven't registered already, get it done as the sooner I know how many people are going to be there, the easier it is to get officials organized and make sure the days runs smooth and with the usual League efficiency.
    http://www.MMALeague.com/RegisterFighter.aspx

• Advertisement

Its Fight Week! Another 5 days and we will be lining up in the Kingfisher sports hall for the next round of the MMA League!
    We have packed divisions and clubs from all over the country coming on Saturday and it is going to be a great day!
    If you haven't registered, then head over to the site and do so. Any problems just give Mark a call on 087 2037 926.

Registration is now closed for the Galway event, see you all in the Kingfisher!

Galway is in the bag now, see a short review and some pictures here - MMA League Galway.

I will be calling the folks who qualified for a title shot in the next couple of weeks.
    Dublin registration will be opening on Monday.

Galway is in the bag now, see a short review and some pictures here - MMA League Galway.

I will be calling the folks who qualified for a title shot in the next couple of weeks.
    Dublin registration will be opening on Monday.

Hmm, wonder if I'm in for a title shot, I didn't compete in Galway but I'm actually fourth in my division nonetheless.

Gumbi wrote: »
    Hmm, wonder if I'm in for a title shot, I didn't compete in Galway but I'm actually fourth in my division nonetheless.

Requirements for finalists are as follows -
    • Be in the top 4 (or in the top four places where more than one person shares points for each position)
    • Be no more than 6 points from the person in first place
    • The division must have at least 4 competitiors

• Advertisement

Requirements for finalists are as follows -
    • Be in the top 4 (or in the top four places where more than one person shares points for each position)
    • Be no more than 6 points from the person in first place
    • The division must have at least 4 competitiors

Thanks for that - looks like I'm in with a shot!

Registration is open for Dublin, the final round of the 2013 season!
    Details in the link here

Due to a scheduling conflict with pretty much ALL my judges :) the League has been rescheduled for one week later on Saturday the 30th of November.
    Apologies for any inconvenience this will cause, but it was run a half assed event on the 23rd as planned or move the date and do it professionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Only one person I have yet to speak to, then I will be able to make the matches for the Finalists.
    Other competitors not in the finals will have the matches made as normal.

The hope is that Finalists arrive early, get weighed in and can get on the mat right away, we should have two rings running to get all the finals over before the regular matches even need to start!

The schedule for the Final matches has been posted on the League Facebook page.
    Regular matches will be scheduled as usual on the day.

If you are in a final, you get once chance to weigh in and you need to be registered and weighed in before your match starts.
    Anyone not ready to go when their match is called will be DQ'ed and a win handed to your opponent.

Apologies for the hard line, but we need to run the event professionally if we are going to get through the finals and the regular matches in a timely fashion, I appreciate your support.

Registration is closed and we are packed up and ready to kick off the final round of 10 years of MMA Leagues!

Advertisement