Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LoL Stream

Options
  • 04-12-2012 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

If anybody is interested there is a LoL stream going on at the minute!

http://www.twitch.tv/mrexodus

Come by and say hi!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Something worth a thread would be a post updated to include Irish players streaming their respective disciplines accross the moba genre, rather then fifty threads a week of people promoting their streams.

Maybe mods can facilitate if we start to see threads popping up promoting streams.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Do people actually get many viewers? I've gone onto the nomcom stream a couple of times and that gets about 30 viewers at any given time. Not really sure why so many people are streaming.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

30 viewers is pretty decent for a small scale stream. Most people stream for the fun of it, adds an extra layer of entertainment. It also auto archives the footage I think, so you can watch it back later.

Yeah I know one of the lads I play with streams and uses it like an improvement tool, can rewatch games to see where he went wrong, or goes back through games of ours to see where we ****ed up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Something that would be good is a streaming guide.

• Advertisement

Something that would be good is a streaming guide.

Plenty of them around, problem being streaming is very dependant on your PC and your bandwidth in your home.

OpenBroadCasterSoftware is the programme of choice these days to stream, alot more efficient and less resource hungry then Xsplit.

Google search for OBS setup guide, and you will find plenty of good ones.

You want at least 5mb upload speed from your provider for your stream to be worthwhile. It is 2013, if your not able to stream at 720p I'd advise not to bother ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I can't even watch 720p, let alone stream it! :(

I completely disagree on the 720p thing. Your content is far more important than how shiny it looks. 480p or even a good 360p stream is still well worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I completely disagree on the 720p thing. Your content is far more important than how shiny it looks. 480p or even a good 360p stream is still well worth watching.

Not really when it comes to Dota or LoL dude. The units you're dealing with are much smaller than fighting games (which I presume is your reference point) and there's a lot on screen, as well as a lot of particle effects going on at once - it doesn't really look any good on less than 720p with decent bandwidth.

D4RK ONION wrote: »

nah its not, anything less then 720p is grainy and just dirt to try watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Anything below 480 is unwatchable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

On my 2560x1440p screen anything is crap quality. Even on my phone i need 720p

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Not really when it comes to Dota or LoL dude. The units you're dealing with are much smaller than fighting games (which I presume is your reference point) and there's a lot on screen, as well as a lot of particle effects going on at once - it doesn't really look any good on less than 720p with decent bandwidth.

Ah right, I've only watched nauts and as you say FGs and both those are fine at lower res. My bad.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

TheDoc wrote: »
    Something worth a thread would be a post updated to include Irish players streaming their respective disciplines accross the moba genre, rather then fifty threads a week of people promoting their streams.

Maybe mods can facilitate if we start to see threads popping up promoting streams.

Maybe we can, but mods don't read absolutely every post in every thread, so if you want to direct a mods attention to a thread pm us or report a post. We're only human!
    TheDoc wrote: »
    nah its not, anything less then 720p is grainy and just dirt to try watch.

Well, a well keyframed 480p stream will look much nicer than a bad 720, IMO. Streaming is a balancing act. That said I've only seen DOTA in 720 and you're correct, details are lost under that definition.

In fact, streaming and youtube are also great ways to pick up new members of the community. There's always people out there, waiting to play.

There's also the self improvement aspect and, in some cases, they help document the history of a game. I'm sure there's already rivalries between teams built up that are told through the videos people watch.

Advertisement