Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any help on this?

Options
  • 22-11-2012 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of using some of my artistic skills to make a pair of football boots really my own. I have a few ideas on what to do on them but I have a few questions.

- should i use paint or markers? and what type?

- How would i protect it from rubbing off from kicking the ball etc?

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

Maybe get some old pairs 1st, then try it out. I guess a lacquer spray might help for durability ? Take a few photos and show us what the finish and test results were like, would be interested in seeing how they finished up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

How are you at airbrushing, a friend of mine does this to trainers, very durable and professional looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭PaulyBolger

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    How are you at airbrushing, a friend of mine does this to trainers, very durable and professional looking.
    not very good but i'm a quick learner, the only thing is that they're trainers, its a different story with boots. The main worries for me is how to protect it properly, the only way i can think of is spraying the boot with hairspray but that will harden the boot and wouldn't fit my foot properly. The other worry is that if i'm using paint etc on leather football boots it would dry the leather out and ruin them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Can't really answer for certain, but I sprayed my Doc Martins green in first year in school and they were still perfect in 6 th year.

This was with car spray paint.

Advertisement