Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie stars with a perfect filmography?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Im throwing Gary Oldman into the mix..... Awesome actor! a few dodgey ones but over all pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Oceans 12, The Devils Own, The Mexican, Mr. & Mrs. Smith

I liked Mr and Mrs Smith :o

Oceans 12 is gash though, I felt like I paid to watch a bunch of movie stars on holiday laughing at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Never got the Ocean films?? Don't see the attraction at all with them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

PaulB1984 wrote: »
    Can a mod please tell me how to block people here? I'm fairly new and still trying to grasp some things.

Not a Films Mod, but click on the users name and you will get an option to Ignore the user.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bullvine wrote: »
    Never got the Ocean films?? Don't see the attraction at all with them.

first one is great, 2nd is horrible, 3rd is forgettable but meh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭PaulB1984

Sleepy wrote: »
    Or what? You'll take your ball and go home?

You're posting bull**** and defending it as being your irrefutable opinion, well tough luck, opinions, just like any other statement, theories and /or beliefs can (and should) be questioned.

Only a handful of actors (two so far identified in this thread) have managed the "perfect filmography" of having never appeared in a bad movie and I'm sure Cazale, at least, would rather have starred in some god-awful ****e like Far & Away, The Devils Own or Jack & Jill than died from cancer though, in fairness, you'd never know, artists can be a funny lot sometimes.

Point of the thread is everyone's opinions, which is what i wanted, then we discuss and debate. Pick an actor, then let everyone else savage your opinion as you've done. As i clearly posted in my original comment, those 2 stars are my choices, i want others to pick their choices. Should someone come along and say "Tom Cruise is crap", of course i'm entitled to defend him as he's one of my choices. Until you pick someone you think has a perfect filmography, save this nasty stuff for some other thread. Or better yet, reasons why you called those movies "God-awful sh**e"? And not something childish like "Because they are!".

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Not a Films Mod, but click on the users name and you will get an option to Ignore the user.

Thank you :)

gregers85 wrote: »
    Im throwing Gary Oldman into the mix..... Awesome actor! a few dodgey ones but over all pretty good!

Love the man, amazing actor, and the range he has is wonderful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,728 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I defended Tom Cruise's work by pointing out that people like you calling the guy a "midget 1-trick pony" for no reason (Say it to his face, why don't ya? Or go on to his Twitter and say it, i dare you!). One of my most favourite movies in the world EVER and the first movie i ever bought is Van Damme's Sudden Death, a movie that made 20 million dollars at the worldwide box office, and cost more than that to make. So who rates what like what now?

What, I'm lost, what has a VanDamme movie got to do with anything? I had thought you wanted a thread about who was the best actor with the perfect filmography. Where Sudden Death came from is anyone's guess; it has nothing to do with this conversation.

You haven't defended Tom Cruise btw, you just get excited about how I phrase my point, not what I actually said. Read again. I think Tom Cruise is a one-trick actor, with a very limited range. His most highly-regard performance is pretty much the best example of this - the egomaniacal douchebag. Why you feel aggrieved with my snarkiness about Tom Cruise the person is beyond me - are you his mother perhaps? :)

I would quietly suggest you don't understand the concept of debate as all you have done is trash those with a dissenting opinion to the nature and direction of this list-thread. All you've done is go "yes! I agree!" to everyone's posts, and that's not debate - that sycophancy.

Your logic of what constitutes a top actor is flawed, it's based on an arbitrary concept irrelevant to the craft actors practice. You seem to have no desire to debate this idea, getting excited and instead throwing out bizarrely emotive comments about VanDamme movies. I'm at a loss at what you expect tbh.
    Bryan Cranston, Phillip Seymour Hoffman etc... So at last, you post a few names instead of insulting everyone. Great.

I've insulted nobody, you're being a tad over-sensitive, why I don't know - because I'm not playing the game you want to play?
    Like you said, you're new here, maybe you should learn that the cut & thrust of debate is that the conversations evolve and change, not always in the fashion you wish. And just because somebody disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trying to insult or kick you.

But then as you've probably now ignored me in a huff, I'll say g'byeeee!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Thread is a train wreck.

Locked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,031 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

OK, I think this thread has run its natural course (Sad Professor got there before me!). Not exactly the healthy debate we like to encourage

PaulB1984, your enthusiasm for the forum is to be admired. But as you say yourself you're new and maybe you should maybe observe other threads a bit more over the next few days (not the Dark Knight one ;)). Engage with debates, most certainly, but be aware you're opinions are, well, a tad non-traditional and are likely to be met with quite vocal disagreements. I do feel you have skewed the rules of the discussion quite a bit here, however, and alas I don't think this particular thread has the potential to go anywhere fast.

Everyone else, as ever, if you have a problem with a specific post or poster report it. No need to resort to name-calling or insults on thread, only makes everything messy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement