Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Home Economics Teacher Training

Options
  • 18-11-2012 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys,
    I have just completed a Degree in Culinary Arts, and I want to continue on studying to become a Home Economics teacher.
    Do I have to do the 4 years in St.Angelas in Sligo or can i do some bridging courses to bridge the gap in my training?
    Any ideas welcome,
    Thanks,
    Eado

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Probably. You wouldn't have any modules covered in textiles, fashion, design and I know there is something about family studies on the course as well. That is aside from the teacher training aspect of the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭smallgarden

hey,there are no bridging courses as far as im aware.your best bet is to contact st angelas.my guess is youll have to do four years but you could try and see if you could get exemptions from the practical cookery modules. you might also be able to get exemptionds from food science and nutrition if that was part of your course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

You may have already made your mind up that secondary is where you want to teach, but there are lots opportunities in adult education, youthreach, community ed and prison ed in your field. And you wouldn't need to commit another 4 years.

Advertisement