Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xmas Boardies Wicklow shin-dig 29th Dec

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

My eyes! I can't unforget that.

Thanks Paul for arranging this. Great to meet up with one and all.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I should quote that pic as I reckon it could be removed once sobriety returns....

And before anyone asks NOT EVERYONE SKINNY DIPPED :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Oryx wrote: »
    I should quote that pic as I reckon it could be removed once sobriety returns....

And before anyone asks NOT EVERYONE SKINNY DIPPED :)

Wot pic? (Sorry Anto!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Dammit! You cannot keep doing that - posting then editing! ;)

Okay....so can you put some names to the faces??

(wow, didn't know my cell would save that photo....:eek:;):D)

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Dammit! You cannot keep doing that - posting then editing! ;)

(wow, didn't know my cell would save that photo....:eek:;):D)
    I don't need a pic. The images are etched on my brain.

Wish you'd been there missus youda loved it.

• Advertisement

L-R: Ultraman, Oryx, Krusty, Beepbeep, Abhainn, shotgunmcos.

I'd echo what Oryx said, you'd have liked this Dory. Next time:)

I don't need a pic. The images are etched on my brain.

Wish you'd been there missus youda loved it.

It was eating me alive to have missed this. I kept looking at the clock all day guessing in my mind what stage you were at and how much fun you were having. Maybe if I travel to Ireland in 2013, this can be a warmup for some more group fun. Glad you all had a blast! :)

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    L-R: Ultraman, Oryx, Krusty, Beepbeep, Abhainn, shotgunmcos.

I'd echo what Oryx said, you'd have liked this Dory. Next time:)

That's a good looking group of studs and studette! Even with your clothes on. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

great day out,thank for organising paul ...hope oryx dosnt need too many counsellin sessions or maybe a new set of eyes ,...im sure there will be pictures to follow that may keep the numbers down for next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Us all looking well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

+1 thanks for organising Kurt. Nice climb, some cold ass water, amazing views, bog, floating descent and just great company. Well worth the trip up to the Wicklow hills! I'll be back:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Abhainn wrote: »
    Us all looking well

Thanks I'm stealing that!

Great day everyone, really enjoyable, nice trails and some great views - top of Lug next time and great to put a few more faces and personalities to the Boards handles.
    Thanks to Kurt for organizing, hope it becomes a regular fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Thanks Paul (et all). Had a blast. The weather in Glenmalure was horrid this morning (heavy downpours and ice/sleet in the mountains) so we got quite lucky. Wouldn't have fancied that run back from the lough in pi$$ing rain.

Anyone missing a black pair pair of shorts/top?

Anyone missing a black pair pair of shorts/top?
    NB shorts and HH top?

ultraman1 wrote: »
    NB shorts and HH top?
    Did you drive home naked too ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

ultraman1 wrote: »
    NB shorts and HH top?
    Could be. They're in the washing machine at the moment!

Could be. They're in the washing machine at the moment!
    sure ill get them off ya on the 16th of feb:p

I forgot to give back a borrowed swim hat. Sorry!

I forgot to give back a borrowed swim hat. Sorry!
    You didn't borrow it, I gave it to you. Its yours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Just read through this now. So a load of ye went to Wicklow, ran up a hill and got naked. Sounds like my kind of day out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

A bit of doodling fun. Decided on a people-less image to spare the blushes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Paul, what's happening this year?

Was only thinking of this today. Cheers M for finding the thread.

Now I will be so jealous.

Now I will be so jealous.

Ah we still need KG the coordinator to make it happen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ah we still need KG the coordinator to make it happen.

We can always run from Sandymount to the forty foot...get in for a swim and got to the pub from there. Dart will bring us back to the big city then. Plenty of huge hills in DL to run up :P

Paul, what's happening this year?

Real life has taken over in a big way the past while, so I haven't been on Boards much. However, it would be a shame not to organise something multisport related... I was thinking of a really great run up to Lough Firrib- the route is amazing and the lake itself is one of the greatest places I've ever swam (albeit in summer time). It's safer to swim in too as there aren't as many rocks lurking underwater. And the view to Tonelagee and the valley is incredible. There's a variety of good restaurants and pubs in nearby Laragh, and a hotel for anyone wanting to stay over. We can probably organise a taxi to Wicklow town for anyone who wants to bail, possibly there are late buses back to Dublin from there?

I'll scout out more info over the coming days and post it here. If the interest is there I'll organise it again- last year was great fun. Probably a similar sort of date after Xmas as last year.

Sorry lads and lassies, I won't be able to do much organisation for this, I've literally no time available (haven't even trained in weeks). If people want, we can just go ad hoc and meet in Laragh over Xmas, and go from there to Lough Firrib for the run/swim. Meals etc should be available after back at Laragh- pubgrub in Lynhams or the Wicklow Heather for a better sit down meal. Hotel/travel etc by your own volition. This should all be doable on a nice casual basis, without too much planning.

(or if someone else wants to organise something more structured, be my guest)

Well who is interested in coming to a more ad hoc version then? It doesn't have to be complicated.

• Advertisement

Well who is interested in coming to a more ad hoc version then? It doesn't have to be complicated.

I'm completely ad-hocced from the Tinahely Tri Club shin-dig last night, great fun, but my poor head is pounding. Still, once more unto the breach and all that...

When: Sat 28th Dec 12 noon
    Where: Laragh, Wicklow (run will start from the carpark up by Table Top)
    What: A run through across some of the sloppiest terrain of Wicklow. Not a massive amount of climbing involved, and the views are amazing. Run to Lough Firrib, swim/splash in Lough Firrib, run back. Option for any hard core shin-diggers to bike up and back from Laragh.
    Who: Anyone who likes to run/swim/bike in any combination or none. All welcome.
    Why: why not?

Drinkies and eating afterwards back at Laragh. Hotel option for those who want it in Lynhams. Bus is available from/to Dublin, although timing may not suit. You could always run back the next day along the WW. Anyone interested in coming along shout it out here.

Advertisement