Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kabaya Fort Maximus

• 13-11-2012 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

Putting together one of these kits and I have to say I love it. You have to buy 3 different boxes to complete Fort Max and some sites its a lucky dip. They'll sell you a set of 5 or 8 in the hope you get the 3 boxes you need to build Fort Max. I think thats silly, but I got mine from ehobbybaseshop which sell you the 3 you need.

The images are from my phone (which the camera isn't great). 3 of the different boxes and one of what you get in the box.

I'll stick up the images of each model as I build it. I'd recommend this model as the detail in it is just cool.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Another few images of the first kit built. As you can see in the last image, that is the size of Windcharger :)

Another gripe though is in the first image you can see that the building instructions are on the inside of the box?! I googled the instructions so I didn't have to rip up the boxes.

Second image is the ramp section of Fort Max. I've built the first tower and I'll upload images later and I'll build the second tower and combine them into Fort Max tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Oh, you told me about this at the Minicon. The Windcharger still baffles me!

Yeah, and powerglide? A little weird. And they're about the size of your thumbnail. Can't see that getting lost or anything....

Like WST Ravage. He's amaller than a thumbnail in full AND YET hos head and legs are detachable for some reason!
    http://www.tfu.info/2003/Destron/SmallestRavage/ravage.htm

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I saw a review of that (was it peaugh? Stupid memory) and it looks like a great little kit.

• Advertisement

I dunno what it is about them though is I just love the WST collection. I used to worry about losing guns that are bigger than most of these toys. Why do I need to punish myself with buying things that are that small? (Apart from they are so cool :) ) That ravage I'd probably lose straight out of the box. Fort Max's head is tiny. Nearly lost him just putting on his stickers.

And the remaining parts. The two leg/arm/ramp pieces

The last image is the 3 minis: Cerberos, Windcharger and Powerglide

And the 3 parts combined into the base and Fort Max transformed.

Great pics man. Got any WSTs to compare sizes with?

Yeah, which ones? A dinobot (dinorobot), six shot, or actually I have my Universe Sunstreaker on my desk to give you an idea of what he's like compared to normal sized transformers?

• Advertisement

I only have normal WSTs from the official line so use the Uni Sunstrreaker sure.

I have most of the WST's but they're in boxes in the attic. I could dig them out if needed. I have Uni Sunstreaker and Trust on my desk so its easy to snap. I think I have WST Hot Rod in a box under my bed so he'd be easy to grab and he might look well on the ramp :)

I'll put up the sunstreaker one so people without WSTs can see the height and then later, I'll put up a WST comparision :)

Here's the image of Fort Max with Uni Sunstreaker. Hope it helps judge the size of the model.

Oh sweet! Now make him fight Galvatron like the finalé of the Marvel G1 comic :cool:

Is that the one where Spike wrestles with his conscience over being a Transformer blah blah blah and beats the hell out of Galvatron when he decides he is? Think it was drawn by Geoff Senior too. Nice artwork but beating Galvatron? hmmmmm...

DBK wrote: »
    Is that the one where Spike wrestles with his conscience over being a Transformer blah blah blah and beats the hell out of Galvatron when he decides he is? Think it was drawn by Geoff Senior too. Nice artwork but beating Galvatron? hmmmmm...

Aye tahts the one. Senor has admitted that he based Galvatron's face off Ray Liotta.

galvatron+mad.jpg

Love crazy Galvatron. Beats all the Autobots, then the Dinobots and that weird Guardian type unit that was control by the bloke who controlled Swoop.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just a pedantic note but that's Andrew Wildman, not Senior, doing the art.

You can tell because there are some lines which are not straight :D

You've just ruined it for me now. The fight will never be the same in my mind. :P

Advertisement