Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16 year old son hasnt had a girlfriend

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I was 17 before I had a girlfriend , I was very shy with girls. And the last thing I would have wanted was to talk about it with my parents. I got it sorted by my self in end and then started the rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I nearly go as far as asking is this a troll topic ? . Poor lad is 16 , with my first girlfriend now and im 21 :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

I was 17 before I kissed a girl, 19 before I had a proper GF. OP, what age are you? You are coming across as someone from the "sweet valley high" generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Side Show Bob

Maybe he's gay?

And maybe someone who can present a post like that is a total clown!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

My husband was 21 before he had his first girlfriend. My daughter is 15 and has no interest at all in dating. Thank christ for that I say, the longer they focus on their schoolwork the better!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

My recollection of being a teenager is that most girls seemed to always have a boyfriend on the go, but most boys rarely if ever have a girlfriend.

I'm not sure how that worked, but the majority of guys I hung around with didn't have any kind of girlfriend until 17/18.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Maybe these days people are actually less social then before.

Facebook makes people think they are social by looking at strangers bull**** about what they ate for breakfast.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Hey guys if you look at OP's other posts and threads he is in fact only 16 himself and in fifth year in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

areyawell wrote: »
    Hey guys if you look at OP's other posts and threads he is in fact only 16 himself and in fifth year in school.
    Hmmmmmmm..... Think you may be on to something there. OP, stop stressing. You'll meet somebody when you meet somebody. Life happens at its own pace.

Off topic for this thread I know, but you might think about postponing the backing horses for a few years yet. Wait till you have some cash before you throw it all away.

You might try posting as 'yourself' next time. The advice and support will be just as freely given. We still won't know, or care, who you are in the outernet.

Well spotted areyawell.

;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

My son is also 16 and hasnt got a girlfriend. I just tell him to enjoy the peace while he can.

Being a teenager is a pain as it is without this sort of pressure. Id be far more worried if he wasnt hanging out with his buddies to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

My 16 y.o son hasnt had a girlfriend yet is this normal ??

funny that u are only 17

Advertisement