Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where from here

Options
  • 02-11-2012 6:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Wrote a few songs a couple I think are fairly good in a acoustic guitar sort of way . Id need now to give the songs personality or a sound if you know what I mean . Is it now i look to collaborate . Would decent musicians be interested in working on someone elses songs ? I dont really have any musical friends its just been something ive done in the confines of the sitting room when everyones in work the last few years .
    I was writing the chords and lyrics to a decent song nearly everyday last month but its just kinda put me in a rut now that iv realised they are all gonna just sit there because they arent going any further than a average singer with the maybe the skills to play rythem .
    Would I find everyone has a hundred good songs they just arnt getting the giggs or is songwriting a thing people find hard to do . Does everyone that writes a song think its really good but more often than not its ****?

Im not even sure what my question is now . But if somebody could decipher that and give me an answer itd help alot .

Comments

Would you not have an interest in getting a band together?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

Yeah probably I suppose its the next step but I know feck all about it . Sounds expensive .

It isn't really. You can start by just jamming out a few tunes in someone's kitchen before renting out a rehearsal room.

We have a thread here that tells you what to include in an ad when you're looking for other musicians.

And there's a whole forum here with musicians available, so you might get lucky.

Best of luck in your search anyway, but don't sit on the songs. They're creations, so make sure you share them about :)

Yeah suppose its time i bit the bullet put up an ad and await harsh critisism thanks for the push .

Right it took a few beers to do . Im scared now papa dolla its normal to get no replies isnt it haha .

• Advertisement

Give it time fella :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Best of luck! :)
    A band is definitely the next step, in my opinion. It's also a sure-fire way to develop your own songwriting and playing skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kirb42

Hi, Joydivision...just had a listen to your demo,interesting..., if you wanted to forward me a an MP3 file in an email... I'll see what I can do with it.. keyboards etc, guitars... no promises... we'll see what happens...sometimes it works,sometimes it doesn't...
    I'll keep you posted either way...
    Regards
    kirb....

Sent it ! I was just about to throw the guitar away there . Couldnt decide whether it went in the brown or green bin . I was about to start a thread asking about it when I seen this.;)

Thanks for getting back Joydivision.... I'll give it a shot tomorrow, see how it goes...if you had to name 5 musical influences... where would you start ... bar the obvious... I gather your a big Joy Division fan...as I am myself....

• Advertisement

Off the top of my head ? It changes alot but the who , zepplin, captain beefheart, bob marley , 90s britpop .
    I write a fair bit of irish rock sort of lyrics but cant seem to get the right sound for them .
    Im a huge bob dylan fan .
    All of the above could change overnight though .
    That song Ioriginally wrote with a big pink floyd intro in mind . I just hadnt the capabilities to make it happen I suppose .

Hi, Joydivision... I've attached a rough demo of your song, I decided to run with your copy in the end,so I was restricted to the tempo and audio quality,your voice might sound slightly low and muddled, see what you think.. I will try during the week to demo a new version from scratch... anyway I have added new drums, bass, strings, guitar etc... basically wanted to brighten it up for you... to let you see it layered with extra sounds, its quite rough in places, I copy and pasted a bit...hope it gives you an insight in to what you might achieve in the end...with a bit of work that is...

Adding a few instruments goes along way .
    Delighted I started the thread thanks lads for the advice .

Advertisement