Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you pre-sell tickets?

Options
  • 02-11-2012 12:26pm

With tickets.ie, and entertainment.ie now offering affordable ticket sales, do you pre-sell tickets for your gigs?

I can see a huge list of advantages:
    Guaranteed income
    You know roughly how many will be there
    It's more professional
    There's something about seeing your name on a ticket that feels good :D
    Free advertising for your bands name on those sites
    Fans feel you've taken a step up

Disadvantages:
    Costs extra on top of hiring a venue
    A little bit more hassle

Anyway, I was just wondering if you do, and if you don't, why not? Obviously a covers band (for example) that play no admittance charge gigs wouldn't, but if you're putting on a charging gig, would it not make sense to make it easier for people to turn up to your gig? We've all got mates who do the, "I'll DEFINITELY be there" and then promptly not turn up and text you the next day saying, "Sorry man, totally forgot".

If you do use ticket selling, who do you use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I think its a great idea.

One thing that jumped at me was your comment "There's something about seeing your name on a ticket that feels good"

I recently noticed a lot of bands using something called bandsintown, very handy little thing. It gives me the option to book tickets also.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 stephen22

Don't bother with tickets unless you have the demand and the need for them. Extra cost for something that isn't needed just for egos sake and there is absolutely nothing worse than being hassled by band members to buy tickets for a show. Its something I have done before but try avoid now - always pay on the door for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 stephen22

Although as with everything in music - its all about your music and your band and what works for you :)

Advertisement