Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Shops that will deal directly with artists?

Options
  • 01-11-2012 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi All,

Just wondered if anybody here has had any experience with dealing directly with music shops as an artist rather than going through a distribution company? Releasing a record early next year and i'm hoping to get some in record shops in the major cities in Ireland at least. I know Tower in Dublin will in some cases deal with the artist - anybody know of others across the country and how best to approach them?

Thanks,

Dara

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Wingnut seems to be the place of choice at the moment for getting your release to several cities/towns. If you contact the main one in Galway they will give you the details you need on selling your CD with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dararyder

That's a great suggestion mate, thank you. Not sure if they would be interested in taking my stock though - its kind of roots tinged alternative stuff and they seem to focus mainly on punk and garage stuff from what I can see online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

dararyder wrote: »
    That's a great suggestion mate, thank you. Not sure if they would be interested in taking my stock though - its kind of roots tinged alternative stuff and they seem to focus mainly on punk and garage stuff from what I can see online.

There facebook page states "we stock and sell independent punk, hardcore, post-rock, folk, electronica,hip-hop, bleepy, folky, crazy music!!!!" So I reckon they would sell your CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

From my experience any shop will stock your cd if you offer full sor, sale or return. Once it's barcoded etc.

However the smaller independent shops would just be easier to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Tower Records on Wicklow Street stock local musicians. I have my EP in there. They take 50%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

You could try Rollercoaster Records in Kilkenny. They're big fans of 'roots tinged alternative stuff' in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dararyder

Thanks for all the info folks. Much appreciated.

Advertisement