Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best music player plugin for band FB page?

Options
  • 30-10-2012 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Finally getting around to this. So, what music player widget or app are people using on their Facebook pages?

I've seen ReverbNation used on a couple of pages. What about Soundcloud? Any reason to prefer one app over another?

Just doing a bit of research before I get to the tedium of it all...

Edit: Is there anything that will also play on mobile devices? For example, Soundcloud links don't open on my phone, and Reverbnation is really clunky and slow. YouTube works really well, but I don't want to go that route yet. Now, my Android phone is pretty basic, but is there an app/player that covers all these bases?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keyboardcook

Your best bet might be to ask on the pages of bands with these apps already installed and running on their pages.

Also, check out other sites with your mobile device and see what players actually do work on it!! Not just facebook, but band pages in general.

If it is a case that very few do, well don't expect much for your phone, but do not stop to target those with better phones. Sometimes trying to please all in the www world means getting nothing done. Backward compatibility can be more restricting than liberating in the long term.

Avoid anything built in Flash.It is a resource hog, and apple do not support it at all. I don't know the actual players you mention, so I am not sure of their coding.

Advertisement